SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Problem Installing Php!!

I am a beginner and I am reading your book and walking step by step with it but i got stuck where there is how to install the php binary.

Can anyone of the team explain to me in a more simplified way than there is in www.umesd.k12.or.us/php/win32install.html??

Pls help
    Always keeping cool in what i say

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    firepages has a program that will install Apache/MySQL/PHP without any configuration (alomst)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have that prog

I have that prog but can u pls tell me what to do with that??
    Always keeping cool in what i say

SitePoint Wizard dragonfly_7456's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same exact problem, and I fixed it through fire pages... I know what you're going through!

Ok, in your http.conf file in the apache folder scroll down to I think line 236 or search for ServerAdmin

change that to your email address

Next, ServerName on line 254 , that should be the url of your site (note- without http://) for example mine is www.crimsonangel.dynu.com

Just incase you DID change your document root, change DocumentRoot on line 262

Next, somewhere around the 300's look for this:

Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>

<Directory "C:/phpdev/www">
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>

make sure that "Allow from' is set to "all" . This is a very overlooked part, and unless you are just going to use apache for personal testing, change it to all. Otherwise, leave "allow from YOUR_IP_ADDRESS"

Around line 350 you should see this:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
    </IfModule>

make sure that if your DirectoryIndex is a .html extension, that it says index.html , not index.php like mine does. Remember: Apache reads the index extensions from left to right, so first it will search for a index.php , and only then for a index.html (well, for my example atleast).

That is pretty much all. I guess that's the only bad thing about fire pages... got to edit everything manually. Once you get that working, I'll tell you how to do custom 404's (if you want)
    Content Writing Service - Get custom SEO articles for 10$