SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Review Site (Design/Content/SEO) - Any or All.

Hello everyone,

www.CreditFirm.net is a Professional Credit Repair Service. If you don't mind, please take a look at the site. Any feedback would be much appreciated. I have been lurking here for a while and really value everyone's opinion. (Maybe almost everyone's, lol.)

Anyway, please take a look at the site, navigate around, and let me know what you guys think about the content, design, and seo.

Thank you in advance!

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Site looks OK to me. It's pretty clear what it's for, which often is not the case, though I prefer to have a fuller description at the top of the site what it's for—before the signup banner.

Anyhow, a few points:

- the layout looks a bit cramped. The sidebar is too close to the main content, and sometimes the sidebar content hangs out to the right (like the Google+ text on the home page).
    - it's a minor gripe of mine, but it irritates me the way Americans often say on their sites things like "one of the leading credit repair companies in the nation" ... as if there is only one nation. Remember that the web is worldwide, so it helps to say which nation.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the template and design of your site is good....but you can increse the width of the main body of your site.there are too many blank spaces in the two sides.
    You can add facebool kike buton thoug you have some sharing button.
    Otherwise everything is ok...it loaded very fast...which is important

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    Site looks OK to me. It's pretty clear what it's for, which often is not the case, though I prefer to have a fuller description at the top of the site what it's for—before the signup banner.

Anyhow, a few points:

- the layout looks a bit cramped. The sidebar is too close to the main content, and sometimes the sidebar content hangs out to the right (like the Google+ text on the home page).
    - it's a minor gripe of mine, but it irritates me the way Americans often say on their sites things like "one of the leading credit repair companies in the nation" ... as if there is only one nation. Remember that the web is worldwide, so it helps to say which nation.
    - Regarding the cramped layout: do you think getting rid of the Spanish and Russian language buttons would make it look a bit less cramped?
    - The google+ issue is starting to gring my gears as well, I'll have to take care of that soon.
    - The reason we decided to go with nation is because "the leading credit repair company in the US" or "The leading credit repair company in America" just doesnt sound right or flow. I think we're stuck with it until we figure out a better way to articulate that statement, lol.

Good Feedback, Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pantho007 View Post
    the template and design of your site is good....but you can increse the width of the main body of your site.there are too many blank spaces in the two sides.
    You can add facebool kike buton thoug you have some sharing button.
    Otherwise everything is ok...it loaded very fast...which is important
    We made the site narrow on purpose, we going to be adding sliding call to actions which are going to come out of the side and sit in the blank area.

Thanks for noticing the loading time, this has been an ongoing project of mine. You have no idea what I've had to go through to get it to load at this speed. And there's still more room for improvement. Ideally, I'd like it to load in under a second, not sure if this is realistic though.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoBoss View Post
    - Regarding the cramped layout: do you think getting rid of the Spanish and Russian language buttons would make it look a bit less cramped?
    No, because there are other buttons as well. Just move the columns apart a bit.

"the leading credit repair company in the US" or "The leading credit repair company in America" just doesnt sound right or flow.
    Heh heh, but that's not a reason to opt for something that's misleading, though. The first version sounds fine to me. Or you could try "the leading US credit repair company".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say 7 out of 10! Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony5885 View Post
    I will say 7 out of 10! Good luck!
    Thanks Tony, I appreciate the 7/10.

...but why not 10/10? What am I missing?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website looks old school and too long to scroll at the bottom, determine where the exit page from there you can determine what and where to enhance it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn off images and you'll see a whole lot of white. Any time you use background images on an item, you should set a background colour that is close to the main colour of the image. As it is, there's nothing above "Experts in credit repair" apart from 39.95.

Underlining means links. Don't underline text if there's no reason for people to click on it.

Justified text doesn't look good, especially when it's jammed up against the edge (on the right) with no room to breathe.

Quite a few validation errors that you should try to eliminate.

When you've got a bulleted list, use <ul> and <li>.

Layout tables went out of fashion around about the same time as the Ford Pinto, there's absolutely no reason that a new site should have them on. The rest of your HTML has some pretty dodgy semantics and doesn't make good use of CSS - things like <h2><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong> and <strong>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&amp;. There's way too much inlined CSS when it should be taken out and put in an external file.

How about Spanish and Russian flags on the language buttons, to make it more obvious what they do?

Having the "Fix your credit now" banner on every page is unnecessary and distracting. Once people have got past the home page, they really don't need to see that at the top of every page.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing that hits you in the eye before you know anything when you get to the site, is the great big sign up now, $40/month. That would put me right off; I'm gone, no second chance, no silver medal.

I have no idea what the situation is stateside, but in the UK credit repair companies have a rather bad reputation. I have no need for the product, so maybe not best qualified to opine, but if I were in a scared/vulnerable position financially, I would want a lot of information, demonstration of trust worthiness and "proof" of giving me value for money before entertaining the idea of paying a company $500 this year out of my limited resources.
    At the end of the day, 40 bucks a month equates to 500 for just the first year, and I doubt most people needing credit repair will be out of trouble in just a year.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that there is a lot of info on a homepage. Maybe you can do a slideshow to make it more visual and get rid of the scroll.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad site. But i think design should have been better.Leaving two sides blank is not a good idea

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A nice clear site.
    But - the rules! I clicked several of your underlined headings only to be disappointed it was not a link at all - you really need to change this.
    If you can solve the layout problem and let your content use more of the browser that would be better.
    Good work though!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job. And truly speaking that as I didn't have much knowledge about what this Credit Repair Service is all about so I read the whole thing and I must say, the content is really good. The only thing you need to work upon is the shape and size of your webpage I mean consult your designers and bit more effort on the graphics portion.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I click between pages on the site, it's not immediately clear that the page has changed, because the top graphic stays the same. I expect the top navbar to be consistent, but the graphic with the woman and the sign up box takes up a lot of space, so it doesn't look like I'm on a new page, if that makes sense.

I agree with Ralph--"top companies in the U.S." sounds good and "top company in the nation" does sound U.S.-centric and off-putting.

You've got text in italics that should just be in regular text. You don't need to italicize for emphasis if you're going to italicize every line (it's like over-highlighting syndrome in college textbooks).

The color scheme is easy on the eyes, but has sufficient contrast--looks good. I agree with other reviewers that the design would look better if the central area were a bit wider and the empty sidebars were a bit narrower. I would also say that there isn't anything about the name or the logo or the information above the fold that makes the site especially memorable, but I'm not sure what you could do to change it, exactly.

I've never used a service like this, but I agree with a previous reviewer--you have explained your process and services clearly, in language that isn't dumbed down or full of jargon (that can be a tricky balance to achieve). Good luck!
    www.conversationpieceslearning.org
    Enrichment Ideas and Activities for Teachers and Students
    www.youcancreate.org
    Daily Creative Challenges for People Like You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seams to me that you are making some money with this website! It looks pro from all aspects !! Good work !!

<snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Nov 1, 2012 at 08:36. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <title>Credit Repair Service Credit Firm | Fix Credit Report and Increase Credit Score
    Fast</title> (84 characters, including spaces)

<meta name="description" content="Credit Firm, Repair Credit and Raise Credit Score Fast. Only
    $39.95 per month! Affordable credit repair to Fix bad credit and increase FICO score fast." />
    (150 characters, including spaces)

Your site as listed in Yahoo
    Note: Your title is shortened !! They only show 57 characters (including spaces) and then ...
    -
    Credit Repair Service Credit Firm | Fix Credit Report and ...
    Credit Firm, Repair Credit and Raise Credit Score Fast. Only $39.95 per month! Affordable
    credit repair to Fix bad credit and increase FICO score fast.
    www.creditfirm.net - Cached
    -
    You may want to change the title (shorten it so it all shows)
    -
    What's on you credit report (might want to show an example)
    -
    How long (how many mos) is the average to fix credit or how many would you recommend ??
    -
    I don't know for sure, but I think a dropdown menu would help your site navigation because if
    designed to fit it would give the prospective customer what is in that menu item immediately
    without having to scroll down and view the items. [CSS is best for this as Javascript can
    be turned off].
    -
    A good nich but a lot of competition. Approximately what percentage of targeted visitors to
    just visitors and how do you measure the difference (a very important item). What percentage
    of targeted visitors to actual customers (another important item). These items you need to
    know to enable you to measure how to effectively improve your site.
    There is software to check this (reasonably accurate - not 100% but close.
    -
    A good (free) software to use is some kind of click heat. It tells where the viewers click so
    you can improve the website response. Remember, not how many visitors but how many targeted
    visitors and the percentage of response that is important. This is the area you can beat the
    competition because most don't know how to tell the difference so they don't know how to
    improve.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon
    Many good Free Tutorials at:
    http://freetutorials.name

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web site area of coverage

You are not designing for anyone outside the United States (as laws are different) so keep this in mind. Also States have different laws so what area do you cover. This is an important item. You need to design the website with this in mind. This can be just one state, or the north east, or
    east of the Mississippi, the whole U. S. (that is North America for those down under or across the pond).
    -
    A good point of SEO is what software do you use and the purpose. What software do you need and how to effectively use it. Having analytics but not knowing how to effectively use it does not help. So when getting software, it needs help files, tutorials, or help forums. Sitepoint can help but not always on software and you will need special software to effectively promote your site. One area you will need is to write articles about "credit repair" and post them on ezines to promote your site.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon
    Many good Free Tutorials at:
    http://freetutorials.name

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm looks ok but there needs some improvement. long scroll is one of the problem. try to divide page in sections so that when someone click on that section then it appears.
    too many content on a single page. create categories or sections to make page smaller. people find ot difficult to read such long pages

your site layout is very good and text and images alignment is also good