SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's say that I sign up with an ad network that pays $3/CPM.

So in a month, do I earn this amount if I had 1000 page views in a day ?

$3 * 30 * 1000 / 1000 = $90

If I'm correct, then I will earn $90 based on a 1000 page views per day rate coupled with a $3/CPM rate rite ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would depend on how the advertising network defines a 'page view'. If they define it as their banner showing in somebody's browser, then yes. Many networks have specific rules about defining pageviews though so it could come out to be less.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also remember that a alot of times they wont serve a banner every time a page is viewed, but may server a "default" which you dont get paid for.

So lets say you make 3 CPM and serve 1000 hits a day, but with 50% defaults (not unheard of these days) you'll end up with 1.5 Actual CPM and make $45 for that month.

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ic ic ..... Thanks a lot ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by aspen
    also remember that a alot of times they wont serve a banner every time a page is viewed, but may server a "default" which you dont get paid for.

So lets say you make 3 CPM and serve 1000 hits a day, but with 50% defaults (not unheard of these days) you'll end up with 1.5 Actual CPM and make $45 for that month.

Chris
    You can setup of other banners (from outside sources) that will be displayed on the defaults. For example, I have WebSiteSponsors.com's CPC banners on all my defaults at Burst! Media. That way, you never lose any potential profits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you please explain on that ?

Originally posted by mjames86
    Originally posted by aspen

Chris
    You can setup of other banners (from outside sources) that will be displayed on the defaults. For example, I have WebSiteSponsors.com's CPC banners on all my defaults at Burst! Media. That way, you never lose any potential profits.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what he means is , when aspen talks about "defaults" you can sign up with another ad network, and they will handle all you're defaults. Most Pure CPM networks do not sell 100 % of your inventory (impressions), so it's always good to have network to handle whatever they don't sell. The CPM network will tell you how to handle your defaults.

Also, most CPM networks will take a commission between 30% and 60%, so out of that $90, some of it will go to the network, not all of it to you.

Ravi