User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I do something wrong?

I got a website which has a pretty old domain, I been doing some SEO for it for a while now but still I got a PageRank of 0. How can I know if Google is hammering my website for some issues?

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    PageRank is not the main thing to be looking at. How does the site go in keyword searches?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it scores well. The website is <snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Aug 28, 2012 at 10:33. Reason: Please request an SEO review in the reviews forum

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boobymonster View Post
    I don't think it scores well. The website is <snip>
    Backlinks is what gives your website a high PR, lots of good quality backlinks and time.

PR is not a great indicator of how your site is doing, it's nice tho :-) Sites with lower PR do better than sites with higher PR in SERPS a lot of the time.
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Aug 28, 2012 at 01:29. Reason: URL removed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    PageRank is not the main thing to be looking at. How does the site go in keyword searches?
    Hi, page rank determine the uniqueness and quality of the site.

I got a website which has a pretty old domain, I been doing some SEO for it for a while now but still I got a PageRank of 0. How can I know if Google is hammering my website for some issues?
    I think you need to write quality content and improve your SEO strategy.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The domain may be old, but the site seems to have just launched? Nothing even in archive.org yet -

<snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Aug 28, 2012 at 01:31. Reason: URL removed
    Comcure does independent, off-site website backups just for the webmaster
    Full API. Daily Snapshots. Backup via FTP, FTP over TLS or SFTP.
    Storage Pods in USA, Europe and Asia to come. Backup to the closest one.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Please remember that all review requests, including SEO reviews, should be made through the Reviews & Critiques forum, in accordance with its guidelines.

boobymonster's original question can be answered without a link to the site.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

there are relavance with any doamin... or any doamin age or doamin name.. you have to just follow bliendly google rules & regulation...
    page rank doen't matter for the ranking.
    if you are looking for rank & page rank is problem... then just go to google.com & find out any [ keyword ] & check first 10 result... you will get so much up & down in top ten ranking...

so just do work build quality link build & all the best for the ranking.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean by "hammered"?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benbob View Post
    What do you mean by "hammered"?
    If I get a lower ranking for some violations.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beyond contacting magazine owners what would be another way to improve rankings?

Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    As has already been mentioned, PageRank is purely related to the number of backlinks you have. For more details, try this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank

Are you also saying that your site does not rank well in search engine results? If so, this is a separate issue. The most important thing, if you want your site to rank well, is to have good quality, original content. Without that, you'll get nowhere. How long has your site been on-line?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been online for 5 months or so now. I have original content, everything that is posted on there is written just for the website and nothing is copied from anywhere else.

Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Google only releases an update to its publicly-visible PageRank results every few months, and it may be well out-of-date by the time it's released, so expecting to see a change so soon is a little unrealistic.

You have still not said whether PageRank is your only concern, or whether you are also worried about your SERPs.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I thought that PageRank and SERP were connected. I am interested in the site ranking well for certain keywords.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pagerank has got little to do with serp ranking. My homepage has pr 1, but most of my pages that come #1 have pr 0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At times I measured the time it takes for a new post to show up on Google search to find out if the site is being recognized as a good source. The Page Rank later reflects this but it may take some time. Best thing to do is when you post new content, check google search to see if it has indexed it. If it takes a long time (hours) then you may be getting hammered. If it takes minutes to an hour, then you are in good standing.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartinman View Post
    At times I measured the time it takes for a new post to show up on Google search to find out if the site is being recognized as a good source. ...
    The time between uploading and indexing has more to do with how often you add content, than with the quality of it, let alone the page rank. When I have time to add content every day, it gets indexed in a matter of hours. When I am too busy and I add once a month, it can take a couple of weeks before the new uploads get indexed.
    There is some sort of relation between quality of the content, pr, and inded time, but one does not have specific or quantifiable influence on the other.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can I improve my SERP rankings?

Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    This is basically the topic of thousands of web pages and books on SEO. Here is a good starting point for getting an overview of what's involved:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...e-Optimization

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks ralph. only problem is finding sites i can get links from. i checked my competitors they are getting links from paid directories. is this easy to beat or no?

SitePoint Mentor bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Maybe this recent experiment may be relevant.

A site that has been on the go for about five years had reached a plateaux as far as SEO is concerned. I have read many articles and tried numerous recommendations all with negligible results.

I think the results were being capped due to external forces. Recently as you can see from the graph I decided to start afresh. The "no-follow" meta directive was chosen and the decline monitored. When the queries reached zero "no-follow" was removed.

Surprisingly the recovery period was far shorter than anticipated and I was pleased with the steady growth until recently. It is still early days but it is looking as though the external influences are back and once again capping has started

gwt-search-queries.jpg
    Learn how to be ready for The New Move to Discourse

How to make Make Money Now with a *NEW* look

Be sure to congratulate Wolfshade on earning Member of the Month for August 2014

Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    i checked my competitors they are getting links from paid directories. is this easy to beat or no?
    I may be wrong, the the impression I get is that such links are not well liked by Google, if considered at all.

Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Have you read Google's own starter guide and other information, available here?

i checked my competitors they are getting links from paid directories. is this easy to beat or no?
    I suggest you look at Google's views on paid links. http://support.google.com/webmasters...n&answer=66736

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Betong View Post
    Maybe this recent experiment may be relevant.

A site that has been on the go for about five years had reached a plateaux as far as SEO is concerned. I have read many articles and tried numerous recommendations all with negligible results.

I think the results were being capped due to external forces. Recently as you can see from the graph I decided to start afresh. The "no-follow" meta directive was chosen and the decline monitored. When the queries reached zero "no-follow" was removed.

Surprisingly the recovery period was far shorter than anticipated and I was pleased with the steady growth until recently. It is still early days but it is looking as though the external influences are back and once again capping has started

gwt-search-queries.jpg
    I wonder what could be these external influences though.