User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEO question on the title of my homepage

Hello,

I've been trying to find an answer to this question, but I've been unsuccessful. Hopefully somebody here can help me out, please. I am working on the title of my homepage and I came up with the following.

" POS Widgets.com | Samples and tutorials on piece of ship widgets "

My question is this. Do search engines see 'POS Widgets' or do they see 'POS Widgets.com'? Note that there is a space between POS & Widgets.com. Help me figure this out please. Thank you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Google crawler will see it as "POS Widgets.com"

You can change it to 'POS Widgets' for better exposure. And If you have problem with the uniqueness of it then go for three phrase keyword like 'POS Widgets XYZ'

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google will see both. It's clever enough to distinguish between the entire string and the constituent parts.

That said, is there any point in adding the ".com"? Would someone who is searching for a POS widget include ".com" in their search term? Even if they do, Google will still find it if it's the same as your URL.

Regarding the string "Samples and tutorials on piece of ship widgets". That doesn't make any sense to me.

Mike

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't add dot com to the title.
    1. It looks naf.
    2. It has no advantages and possible disadvantages

If ranking is important to you, you should upgrade your knowledge before you go any further; you seem to be missing some elementary understanding of the basics. David Amersham's seo books are a good start.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikl View Post
    Google will see both. It's clever enough to distinguish between the entire string and the constituent parts.

That said, is there any point in adding the ".com"? Would someone who is searching for a POS widget include ".com" in their search term? Even if they do, Google will still find it if it's the same as your URL.

Regarding the string "Samples and tutorials on piece of ship widgets". That doesn't make any sense to me.

Mike
    Thanks for correcting me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think you should be including ".com" in your title tag. Title tag should always be a one liner that describes your product best.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

You use " POS Widgets.com | Samples and tutorials on piece of ship widgets "

Here Google looks both, if visitor wants to search POS Widgets.com then google may be showing your site link or showing for POS Widgets only.
    but Samples and tutorials on piece of ship widgets it doesn't make any sense.