SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CPM rate for 120x60 and 125x125?

What's the current CPM rate for 120x60 and 125x125 banners?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would charge half of what you charge for 468x60 banners for the 125x125 and 25% for the 120x60. It depends on where they are on the page of course.

I'm not sure of specific rates - I think Burst gets about $0.25 CPM for 125x125 so you could get more than that. I don't know of any networks that run 120x60 anymore so your guess is as good as mine. In my experience, it's best to give 120x60 away for nothing with 468x60 advertising to try to get the deal.

If someone offered me something for those ad sizes, I'd probably just take what ever they offered - it's better than nothing.
    Sean Burns
    WebmastersReference.com - Submit your resources, affiliate programs, scripts and hosting plans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I always thought the 120x60 was a nice size.. Maybe I should just ignore that size.. Since the demand isn't there.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting that you say that about the 120x60 because I've noticed with a few affiliate program that I've tested that the bulk of the sign ups have come via that size - this is compared to 468x60 and popunders.

I've had far less clicks than with the other sizes but a much higher conversion rate. I think it's a case of when an ad is less obvious, maybe there's more chance that someone who is actually interested will click on it - works with text links. With the larger ads, there could be a lot of wasted clicks just because people like the pretty colours.

You could try to convince your advertisers of this - maybe try to sell it at a ppc rate - I'd charge more for this than for a 468x60 ad.
    Sean Burns
    WebmastersReference.com - Submit your resources, affiliate programs, scripts and hosting plans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by MadCool
    Thanks. I always thought the 120x60 was a nice size.. Maybe I should just ignore that size.. Since the demand isn't there.
    That would be a smart move, IMO. Most sites don't use them anymore as they are extremely ineffective. Granted, I use buttons a lot on my site, but that's the negatives of having the same design for years.