Thread: Google.ie

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google.ie

Hi,

I already have a website that is already doing fairly well on google.com. I want to submit it to Google i.e. (Ireland) How can i do this? Are there seperate Google Analytics I can obtain for Google ie? Is there a seperate webmater tools?

thank you,

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need to submit it separately to Google.ie. If one Google site knows about your site, then they all will. If your site is doing well in Google.com but not showing up in Google.ie, that's probably because Google (rightly or wrongly) considers that the site doesn't meet the needs of Irish searchers.

No, there is no separate Google Webmaster Tools (GWM) or Analytics for the different Google sites. If you register your site with GWM, the figures you see will be an aggregation for all countries. You can then filter by country to see the results separately for Ireland of you wish.

If you want to improve your performance in Ireland, you can use GWM to tell Google that the site is targeted specifically at Ireland. That might or might not hurt your performance in other countries. You will need to monitor the results carefully, and reverse the action if necessary. A better approach might simply be to add some content that is of particular interest to Irish visitors.

Mike

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikl View Post
    You don't need to submit it separately to Google.ie. If one Google site knows about your site, then they all will. If your site is doing well in Google.com but not showing up in Google.ie, that's probably because Google (rightly or wrongly) considers that the site doesn't meet the needs of Irish searchers.

No, there is no separate Google Webmaster Tools (GWM) or Analytics for the different Google sites. If you register your site with GWM, the figures you see will be an aggregation for all countries. You can then filter by country to see the results separately for Ireland of you wish.

If you want to improve your performance in Ireland, you can use GWM to tell Google that the site is targeted specifically at Ireland. That might or might not hurt your performance in other countries. You will need to monitor the results carefully, and reverse the action if necessary. A better approach might simply be to add some content that is of particular interest to Irish visitors.

Mike
    Thanks Mike, this is really useful information!

Cheers