Ok, I have been bashing my head against my keyboard the past 3 days, trying to configure apache to run mysql and cgi. Everything is turning into a green mush in my head, and I can't even type right! I need someone else to do some thinking for me...

Ok, here is the scoop: I'm using apache 1.3 on Windows XP pro. I installed apache from the phpdev download. It was supposed to make EVERYTHING work, but for some reason, only php works. The cgi is not recognized and always says "file not found" and the mysql keeps on saying "could not connect to ... " ... same thing with the perl.

My first question is this: since I am using apache on my own computer for my webpage, what is the mysql database server that I should connect to? SHould it still stay localhost, or something else. I can't figure it out.

Secondly, I have put made a my.cnf file, but I'm not sure if I did it right... or if I put it in the rigth place... AKA- I put it in practically every folder of apache (loser that I am)...

... I guess it would help if I stopped bashing my head against the keyboard and started using my fingers :| ...