Thread: QuotesDaily.net

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QuotesDaily.net - New design...

Hi,

Please review our new web site, QuotesDaily.net... Simple design so that site loads superfast. Just a neat collection of quotations, allowing visitors to add their own as well.

URL: http://www.quotesdaily.net

Redesigned on 9/9/2000 so please give it another shot.

Thanks.

[Edited by webmaster2000 on 09-09-2000 at 08:39 PM]

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    404 server error

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, the site is now at http://www.quotesdaily.net
    Thanks.

David

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing that struck me is that the fonts are toooooo big. When you start having a lot of quotes, it\'s going to be annoying to have to scroll a lot just cuz the words take up so much vertical space.

I assume you\'re going to eventually categorize quotes? Otherwise once you get bunches of submissions, it\'ll be really tedious waiting for a single fat page to load.
    Along those lines, will it be possible to search quotes?

How about adding a page that talks about ways your visitors might use the quotes and copyright issues that go along with that?

Is anyone verifying the accuracy of the quotes and that the person it is attributed to actually said it?

Best,
    Carole
    Carole Pivarnik, Audience Development
    SureCode Technologies, Inc., http://www.surecode.com
    Plug our customizable Web Databases into ANY site,
    seamlessly and with no programming!

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes the fonts are big

and also, center the thing. I\'m at 1024x768 and when I maximize my browser have of my screen is whitespace with your content bunched over on the left, this is true for webmaster tv too. just center the main page table, it\'ll look alot better for people with bigger resolutions.

Chris

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and also the quote submission process is weak.

The submit form should stay within quotes daily and not go to webmaster tv, one has nothing to do with the other. And since people are submitting a quote (not giving feedback) you should just ask for quote and author, not email and \"what do you think about our site\"

Chris

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all I\'d add margins so that the logo and text isn\'t flush left and top.

I\'d also organize the quotes into a table (for each) so that each one looks like one piece rather than two.

I know I\'m repeating aspen when I say this, but it\'s worth saying twice. Put the submit form on QuotesDaily.net instead of Web-Master.TV. Same with the advertising page.

The site looks very good. Now you need to allow people to use it on their site!! Make an RSS file so that everyone can parse it and put it up. Require a link of course.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Quick loading page but I thought the font was too large and hard to read. Will you be adding more content?

http://www.webcontactpro.com
    The Worlds Smartest Automated Online Marketing System

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Thanks for the reviews...

<<Hi, Quick loading page but I thought the font was too large and hard to read. Will you be adding more content?>>

Yes, of course. We add content everyday! Currently, we have a good deal of quotes. Just click on the \"get next quote\" button to see a new quote. Every day, we will be adding on average of 5 quotes (I hope) It is receiving recognition already. The font is supposed to be large since there is only one to a page (except for the mainpage) so that even people with reading problems will see it OK -- also it emphasizes each word that the quote is trying to express. The basic, fast loading site is intentional. We want visitors to access the quotes as quickly as possible, without any nonsense.

David | http://www.quotesdaily.net

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anymore reviews?

Famous quotations. Updated daily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, everything seems all too the left. I couldn\'t find a way to submit a quote and I also think that you should have a page that lists them all because I got really board with clicking next.
    Sesran Site Solutions - Web Site Hosting & Design

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my personal feeling:

The background image makes the site like a non-serious site.
    Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, well, well. I hate to rate your site, because I'm a mean person. That's why I don't like to review sites. But I'm honest.

Okay, here it is, you should extend the top graphic so that it fits the size of the text at the least. You may also want to consider blocking everything in, so that it has the appearance that the text is drifting away from the site and it will also create a site hierarchy that is unmatched. Visitors will be able to easily follow the flow of the site.

Another thing you may want to look at are those ugly blue text colors. They don't seem to fit in with the other colors. You should use better blending colors. Such as maybe a light yellow. Not a bright one because you wont' be able to see it, but maybe a mustard or even an off-orange or something would work just fine.

Also, you give visitors no real reason to go to the site. It looks like you made a site and you hope to make money off of it. I'm sure you did that on purpose, but you never want visitors thinking you're only in it for the money, that will lose the tree hugging hippies and the communist visitors in a hurry.

I that's about it, unless you want a complete tear apart.

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Thanks for the review. I will take those criticisms into consideration when we update our site... Do you suggest I remove some of the ads or something?