SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am getting very close to the final version of the site.
    could you all please review the site.

http://www.renegades.net

known problems:
    1. download time: i need to get the image sizes smaller
    2. cgi mailing list is not working
    3. forum - i need to find a forum to use, i was thinking about using YABB any other recommendations ?
    4. main page needs to have more information explaining what renegades.net is about

i was extremely embarassed by all the spelling errors on the site the last time it was reviewed. i also changed a lot of the site because of everyone\'s input. with out a doubt this forum is the most important tool on the net.

thank you.

bl@cky

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is my site that bad ? no one want\'s to review it?
    bl@cky

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Blacky,

The first change I would make is to take off the \"main\" link on your frontpage. It\'s sort of confusing, people may think that they\'re not on the main page.

You also might want to put event information on the main page instead of requiring visitors to sign up for your mailing list. At least give a bit more info on your main page to get visitors interested.

What also might be cool is to have webcasts of the events. Just a thought.

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it, you need content though.
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I\'m on a university connection - fairly fast - and the images loaded slow. The graphics look nice though

Also, if you could move the body of the page (all the text and stuff) over to the left just a bit more it would look a bit better IMO.
    Steve Caponetto - [profile] [e-mail]
    CreedFeed.com - feed your need for Creed!

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ------I\'m browsing with-------------
    IE 5.0
    Win 98
    Javascript ON
    Screen resolution 640x480
    56K Modem
    ------------------------------------

Your logo is definitely eye-catching! I\'m not certain what Shootwrestling is though. A more-detailed explanation on the main page would really help.

On your \'Events\' page, you mispelled \'temporally\'. It should be \'temporarily\'. Run the site through a grammar and spell checker before the final product is published.

I really didn\'t find a lot of content. Maybe you could swap links with other shootwrestling sites to help boost the amount of visitors to your current site.

Apart from that, the graphics look good and it loads fast for me.

Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YOU NEED MORE CONTENT!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi blacky,

I'm using Win 98, IE 5.0, 56k. Did a quick scan of your site, and have a couple of comments.

I like the logo. Black and red design is SHARP!

On the Events and Rules pages, you show the page name vertically down the right side. Might want to do the same thing on the Main and Forum pages. Try to use the same basic setup on each page for consistency.

The Rules page looks pretty comprehensive. Not sure if all browsers are showing it the same way, but I'm seeing red characters sprinkled throughout. If you want to mix the red and black, try something like using red for each rule name (Fight Formats, Fighter Examinations, etc.) and black for the explanation.

Watch your spacing in your typing. In several paragraphs on the Rules page, there is no space between the rule name and explanation. Just a ":" squeezed in there...

Watch for typos on your Rules page. Some words are broken by spaces. Couple examples include "pre-con test" under Fighter Examinations, and "professio nal" under Fighter's Second (Corner Person). There are other typos, so don't depend on a spell checker to catch all of them; read it word-for-word!

You might consider adding an extra column in your table on the Rules page. Use the left column for the rule name and the right column for the explanation. That might make it a little easier to read. Along the same lines, try using bulleted or numbered lists on some of the explanations, rather than just running the whole explanation together. (For example, the Illegal Techniques rule...)

OK blacky, I'm done. The site looks interesting and I'll definitely check it out again when there's a little more content. Good luck with it!
    Bruce Noeske
    http://www.wwWebEditor.com
    The Webmaster's Editor