SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Please Review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for a review of the following site, wondering if it looks ok in all resolutions, browsers and versions. Thanks in advance. http://www.uncle-charlies.net/unclechar
    This is a temporary location, if it doesn\'t work, just go to the main site.
    Sesran Site Solutions - Web Site Hosting & Design

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I like the site, but then I\'m a flea market junkie . I took a look at in in AOL 5.0, IE 5, and Netscape 4.7 and it seems to me it look good in all three. A little slower to load in Netscape then the others, but not enough to be significant.

Gary Hendrickson

affiliatehintsandtips.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello? No time for a review?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IE 5.5 / 1024x800 / 56 modem

Hi,

The site loaded pretty fast. I like the large title it seems suitable for the sites subject.

The red lines across the centre make my eyes go funny though, and are distracting.

I wonder if it might be better to frame each of the photos on the right handside, at present they all seem to blend in together.

Put the pages through a spell checker as there are a couple of typos.

Finally I\'m not too keen on the clown graphics, unless they are actually part of the flea-market \'identity\' I would bin them.

The pages are quite jumbled but again it suits the subject.

Peter

P.S. Remember to add keywords to your metatags.

Thread Closed - Before and After.
    www.Gods101.co.uk - Affordable Quality.
    www.scepticism-inc.com - All extremists should be taken out and shot!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using IE5.0 @ 800x600, the site looks fine.

I noticed some words that were capitalized for no reason, like on your vendor page. For instance, \"Coupon, New Vendor, Movie Theater\" all have no need to be capitalized. Of course, this is just being picky.

Also on your main page, \"location\" is spelled wrong where you click for the location map.

Another suggestion: On your map page, you could add some text, graphics, or something to spruce it up. Perhaps model it like you did your other pages, with the logo at the top and some text, maybe good directions or something. It would make it look alot better than just the map by itself.

The page loaded quickly, graphics were fine, etc, etc.

Hope this is helpful...

Patrick Weatherford
    www.BottomDollarDomains.com
    $12 Domain Name Registration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like using red and black - as my site will attest. However, small, red-text never shows well on black.

If you stay with the clown-theme, I\'d suggest using \"Comic Sans MS\" font for emphasis and arial-narrow for readability; the \"Times\" is too formal.

The photos look washed-out and might be stronger against a dark backgroung.

The clown\'s face in the upper-right corner looks streched; you might narrow it slightly

Try adding something like \"Find of the week\" and contests and printout discounts to attract viewers to the site. Then your vendors will want to advertise on your site.

Good luck,

Elton
    Elton Kelly / ANETEK
    ANETEK.com ... ANETSTORE.com ... 10MAX.com
    eCommerce Website-design - downloading within 10-seconds @ 28.8-Kbps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest first off setting some nice fonts. Maybe using verdana throughout it. I would have to agree that the site is just smashed together... looks like too much content is on the main page. Put the direction on a page by itself. Before you give this to your client put some meta tags on it. It looks ok. Could be better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all, I changed the font, and i like it more. I did narrow the clown a bit on the top. I would get rid of the clowns, but the client wants them, they are the same ones that are all over the store. They want to have the store have a festival type of appearance. About making a page for the map and coupon, that can be done at a later time, if the client requests. They are trying to keep it as low cost as possible for now. They wanted me to try and squeeze everything on 2 pages, but the map and coupon are just too big. I will have meta tags in there once the site goes live. I also made the caps and spelling fixes. Thats why I like to have others look at it before the client.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it looks nice in 800*600 and 1024*768. It\'s also neat. I like it. Keep on
    Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

i like the site but where is the FUN. It should shout FUN.

The clown is a cool thing. do they really have a clown. if so are there rides for the kids? if so, move them front and center. picnic tables?

How much parking?

Reviewing the content given.

ie5, win 98 2nd edition, sony multiscan 17se,

loose the hr on the new vendor page and make it the same as the home page - more horizontal red lines!

love that big red button!

continuing the thought - loose the horizontal red lines and put up some barber poles - rotating of course.

thanks ed