SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please review my website .

my website is all about movie where users can watch movies online and all this is free .
    please give me some suggestions regarding my website layout and much more.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You have some very dark text on a dark background, making it nearly unreadable (e.g. the subtitle).

Also, free movies online? Why are they free? this sounds a bit dodgy. They shouldn't be free. You need to explain the site a bit, with some kind of introduction. Otherwise I would assume it's a scam and leave immediately.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mbwani, your site looks nice, but there are some things that could be better.

First of all, I'd check the truncated title movies at the "Recently added movies". For most of the movies there, the title is broken in 2 lines, but they don't fit the space. I'd make this space bigger, or make the texts shorter by removing the year.

Also, the little RSS icon next to Pinterest doesn't fit in the same line. As it's duplicated because you already have a bigger RSS icon, I'd just remove it.

The search bar textured background is nice but confusing. It just doesn't look like a search field. I'd make it a plain color. Also, use JavaScript to remove the initial text "Site search" when you enter the field. A simple way of doing this would be adding onfocus="this.value='';" to the input field.

And last but not least, I'd fix all those W3C validation errors and warnings on your site. Here's a report of the errors found on your site.
    Last edited by kohoutek; Aug 3, 2012 at 11:27. Reason: Removed self-promotional link

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very very dark...i mean some texts can not be read at all.

the concept is not to so good.be more professional.try to improve the template.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice logo, good navigational system and would agree about the colour contrasts
    http://notmyholiday.com - Shared Holidays
    http://studentsalike.com - Student guides and Entertainment Topics

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some people may have a problem with the colour scheme. I also think that the homepage has too many images and is causing the page to load slowly due to the number of requests being made.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so i liked it. and it is ok that you have chosen dark background. i like it. you mentioned all the possible categories(year, genre, stream, etc). for me it is perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent site! I only have a few nitpicks. I'd change "Mostly Watched" to "Most Popular". The grunge look in the text box is well executed, but inconsistent with the rest of the site. How about using some of the sky found in the header? You should include a favicon.

You do have one big issue. McAffee Site Adviser doesn't like the site. This is the message: We tested this page and blocked content that comes from potentially dangerous or suspicious sources. Allow this content only if you're sure it comes from safe sites.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good design and easy navigation is at your site. I really liked the colors. Only it seems to me that the main page loaded slowly.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome concept with great movie collections.

I liked the color combination and alphabetical order of movies.

I'd add the different categories for English, Hindi, Other languages (if any) besides 'Movies By Year' section.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The initial impact is stunning with the key message being conveyed " yes....we have a large range of titles available....look on"
    so very well done for that

I am wondering if the colours can be improved as the nav tabs are quiet in colour terms
    and then when going to contact page the white area blazes through

Can I view legally? who is DMCA? , are questions I found myself asking

Here is a web site I was shown - aim here is to promote an individual but
    http://garyvaynerchuk.com/
    does show in my view a subtle combination of colour and its use to make it pleasing and legible

So maybe, in my view alter the tab words into a colour that is brighter and maybe a lighter shade of the dark background colour?
    Just my views of course but these were my initial views

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking site.

Just to enforce what others said before me, you should make the font much more readable. There are contrast tools out the that let you see your site in black and white, just Google it and it'll be clear what needs to improve.

Also like Ralph said, this looks like a scam on a quick look, why are you giving me all these movies? What do i really need to do to watch it? How is the process of the rights for the movie is handled? This needs to be right there on your homepage or most people won't stay to find out.

Also some of the titles repeat multiple times, for example Outlander in the O category, it looks like you did it to make the list looks artificially bigger.

Over all the site looks good and professional, with a better explanation of how you do it (giving users free movies) and more obvious way of how to actually watch a movie, I think it can do well, assuming you have good answers to these questions

Good luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from minor problems of thumbnails being squashed in some places design wise it is not bad, though maybe a little dark for my tastes but that's just my opinion. Legal issues.. Am no expert on Indian Cyber Law, however the legal system is closely modeled on that of the UK so would expect you to get into trouble for providing an indexing service of pirated movie links. The lawyers are probably waiting for you to put adverts on the main site because then they can argue that you a profiting directly from piracy and you have no legal defence at all.

PS: shineads.net is well known for it's bugged Xvid player download and has THE WORST fake browser pop-up I have ever seen for missing extensions on Firefox so don't expect good conversion rates from them either.
    Lovelogic.net Personal Projects Pit - Spammers welcome