SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    youtube video conclusions show videos from others

    if i have a youtube video embedded in a website, is there a way to stop from presenting the viewer with a bunch of related videos from other youtube uploads at the conclusion of the video?

  2. #2
    It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    ralph.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    24,200
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sixrfan View Post
    is there a way to stop from presenting the viewer with a bunch of related videos from other youtube uploads at the conclusion of the video?
    No, I don't think so. You could host the video on your own site, though, and thereby avoid all the YouTube extra stuff.

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member SearchMinistry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes you can, it is easy when you know how.

    Firstly go to the youtube video that you want to place on your site and clic the embed button that is below the display screen.

    Next, remove the checkmark that says include related videos

    When you then copy the embed code and place it, it will not show the related videos at the end.


    Rich

  4. #4
    It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    ralph.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    24,200
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchMinistry View Post
    Next, remove the checkmark that says include related videos
    Where is that? I don't see it anywhere.

    Edit:

    Oops, sorry, I see it. The example I was looking at has embedding disabled, but when I checked another video that wasn't the case. Great tip! I was unaware of that.

  5. #5
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    Where is that? I don't see it anywhere.

    Edit:

    Oops, sorry, I see it. The example I was looking at has embedding disabled, but when I checked another video that wasn't the case. Great tip! I was unaware of that.

    Sorry to here that. I LIKE seeing the related videos. I can spend hours watching them.
    Off Topic:

    @ralph.m ; -- I didn't know about the edit thing. That's cool!
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  6. #6
    It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    ralph.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    24,200
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    I LIKE seeing the related videos. I can spend hours watching them.
    I dread to think how much productive time (and sleep!) I've lost because of that feature!

    Off Topic:

    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    I didn't know about the edit thing. That's cool!
    Yes, there are lots of cool tags available, many of which I've never tried. There's a list of them here:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

  7. #7
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    I dread to think how much productive time (and sleep!) I've lost because of that feature!

    Off Topic:



    Yes, there are lots of cool tags available, many of which I've never tried. There's a list of them here:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode
    Off Topic:

    not to derail this thread entirely, but I've looked at the bbcode link and haven't tried nearly all of them either.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •