SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    1,376
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Increasing Traffic with Social Media

    SEO just isn't what it used to be, saying that, many prospects have not clocked on to this basic fact.

    Selling a website is much like selling a house. If you're house has all the basic road structure and traffic passing it, then all you need is to rebuild the house (much like rebranding Amazon). Now if that house is a new house, with no traffic there, in the middle of nowhere, then you'd have to put in the road, road lamps and signs pointing so you'd be able to soon have a digital neighbourhood fuelling your virtual economy, is that makes sense.

    We can build sites, but the like mention but in the most cases if it's a new site, then the client won't get any traffic and therefore no sales, meaning that the website you sold them failed to do the job.

    Like mentioned SEO changed and now those off-page tricks, simply don't work any more. We've now entered an age where you cannot trick search engines and on-page optimization has evolved dramatically giving more focus onto the on page factors. As this is said, the only way I can think of to increase web traffic is with social media optimization.

    I was thinking of having in a social media pack to clients, so we can increase their hits on the pages via twitter, stumbled upon, facebook etc. Social Media optimization is kind of the new search engine optimization.
    follow me on ayyelo, Easy WordPress; specializing in setting up themes!

  2. #2
    SitePoint Enthusiast denysaputra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sega View Post
    SEO just isn't what it used to be, saying that, many prospects have not clocked on to this basic fact.

    Selling a website is much like selling a house. If you're house has all the basic road structure and traffic passing it, then all you need is to rebuild the house (much like rebranding Amazon). Now if that house is a new house, with no traffic there, in the middle of nowhere, then you'd have to put in the road, road lamps and signs pointing so you'd be able to soon have a digital neighbourhood fuelling your virtual economy, is that makes sense.

    We can build sites, but the like mention but in the most cases if it's a new site, then the client won't get any traffic and therefore no sales, meaning that the website you sold them failed to do the job.

    Like mentioned SEO changed and now those off-page tricks, simply don't work any more. We've now entered an age where you cannot trick search engines and on-page optimization has evolved dramatically giving more focus onto the on page factors. As this is said, the only way I can think of to increase web traffic is with social media optimization.

    I was thinking of having in a social media pack to clients, so we can increase their hits on the pages via twitter, stumbled upon, facebook etc. Social Media optimization is kind of the new search engine optimization.

    I was thinking of having in a social media pack to clients, so we can increase their hits on the pages via twitter, stumbled upon, facebook etc. Social Media optimization is kind of the new search engine optimization.
    Agree, and you do not have to be late for that. Social media is the alternatives that could replace search engine in some cases of driving targeted traffic.

    I often found almost webpage in the top 5 SERPs is old website with more in domain and page authority (that seemed hard to get by new websites). That's why social media is become an alternative that actually works to drive traffic (when applying it with correct techniques).
    Simply, more often to interact and engage with targeted audiences.
    Highly targeted & qualified traffic that converts at
    Getwebsitetraffic.org Trusted & superb!
    Use "GETSALES" (without quote) And SAVE %30 ---- ---- -----

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Odisha, India
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    social media is best process to brings of huge amount of traffic & Visitors for a website.

  4. #4
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Social media is good for getting traffic. By posting on social media one can promote the site as well as give more and more info about its site to attract the visitors. One can also post pictures , videos etc

  5. #5
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, definitely. Thats why I have these on my forum. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344757074.925048.jpgAfter the signature. So people can share.
    Last edited by Ted S; Aug 12, 2012 at 01:49.

  6. #6
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piridelli View Post
    Yes, definitely. Thats why I have these on my forum. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344757074.925048.jpgAfter the signature. So people can share.
    And judging by those icons, nobody is.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Social media has got a huge potential to bring in traffic, but then it can happen only if you know the trick how to use it well. Facebook is one good platform which not only offers you free sharing option but also offers you PPC advertisement option which can generate good amount of brand awareness.
    LEADING SEO COMPANY INDIA OFFERING FINEST SEO SERVICES

  8. #8
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to my knowledge Social media is used for promotional activities like blogging, commenting, participating, and posting updates.It helps in sharing your site’s information to others in easily manner.If any visitor has interest in your post then it contact your site and it will help you to get good traffic on your website.
    Its a free and fast advertising to all over the world.

  9. #9
    SitePoint Enthusiast ubservers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We often use social media to interact with our client base to give them updates on new products and offer promotions. We don't get that much feedback, but I guess that's only because we started to use twitter/FB just recently ...
    It's actually difficult to drive traffic to your website with the help of social media, because you also have to be active, known, and appreciated on many different websites, which can end up being quite time-consuming.
    UBservers - Quality since 2008
    Check out our amazing SSD Web Hosting
    Dedicated Servers in America and Europe

  10. #10
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're expecting to simply post a link on your social media profiles and get huge sums of traffic, it's probably not going to happen. Like any marketing campaign, social media has to be developed -- and it may actually be one of the slowest campaigns to develop out there. However once you've established a good amount of followers, who trust you and hold you to be a credible source, social media can pay huge long lasting dividends.
    Terry Myers - VPS.net Chief Evangelist
    VPS.net - Auto scaling cloud hosting with 21 datacenters
    Comcure - Imagine time machine for your website... it's here
    Contact Me: terry.myers@uk2group.com | @vpsnet | @igobyterry

  11. #11
    SitePoint Enthusiast ubservers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inogenius View Post
    However once you've established a good amount of followers, who trust you and hold you to be a credible source, social media can pay huge long lasting dividends.
    Right, just take a look at successful companies who do it; Mc Donalds has more than 3 million likes on FB and 65 thousands people talking about them. Any company would largely benefit from having the 1/1000th of this.
    UBservers - Quality since 2008
    Check out our amazing SSD Web Hosting
    Dedicated Servers in America and Europe

  12. #12
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubservers View Post
    Right, just take a look at successful companies who do it; Mc Donalds has more than 3 million likes on FB and 65 thousands people talking about them. Any company would largely benefit from having the 1/1000th of this.

    Of course we all want this but McDonalds and the big names have had a presence for a long time. Therein lies the problem. Social Media, we all know is and can be great but building a following and spreading your word is what takes a huge amount of time, effort and effort and time. Which is also frustrating.

    I started a few months ago and have 550 followers on Twitter. I posted a question the other day that I needed some info on. Did I get any response....Noooo. I wasn't promoting myself, selling something e.t.c I have felt for a long time that Twitter can sometimes be about everybody else. Everybody else is so busy trying to get people to follow them and to listen to them that it's all just about self promotion. Unless you can start to OFFER other something or they can GET something from you they don't want to know

    It really doesn't happen overnight and I think will take a long long time. You have to get people to follow you or find you and not just friends, then you have actually have something interesting to say or to offer, then and maybe then you'll start to get a following and others find you through conversations on your timeline. People have to be interested on a massive scale. Once you've got people interested, they then have to engage, whether you send them to Facebook and they like your page or they interact in something you've posted on Twitter.

    Basically. There just isn't any easy solution. Every avenue requires a lot of work and that's about it....

  13. #13
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Sr. SEO I think Yes, currently Social Media is Best way for Promoting your Website and It also require very less time for promotion. Best sites for Promotion according to me are 1. Facebook 2. Twitter 3.Google Plus+ 4.My Space 5.LinkedIn 6.Yelp 7.Youtube etc etc. can help you for promotion and marketing of your website. This will also help you to increasing traffic to your site.

  14. #14
    SitePoint Zealot Spartinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of my sites Facebook sends more traffic than google organic results. IF that says something about today's social networking, then let it say that it WORKS!

  15. #15
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a fact and we can't deny. social media is a popular option to bring traffic and promote your site.It gives you long lasting result if you apply tricks for it.

  16. #16
    Non-Member jyotsna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not only socail bookmarking site vring traffic..
    but the webdesigners van also build backlinks from thees site..
    is their anyone here who can let me know how to build backilnks from stumbelupon or other socail bookmarking site..?

  17. #17
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fact that traffic increase fastly with Social media or bookmarking. Anyone can tell me in brief how can use it? I have login Id in facebook, twitter, Reddit, google+ and also in other Bookmarking site. But I use it as a normally. How can i take much benefit with these sites for increasing more & more traffic?

  18. #18
    Non-Member jyotsna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey mate its very simple..
    if you are having ac on the above said bookmarking sites..
    you just have to share the every post you publish on your website on your account on these socail bookmaring sites..
    also try to build backlinks from them as it will remarkably help you in improving your website ranking and quality..
    do not forget to add your website url in each socail bookmarking site you have your account..!!
    hope it helps you..

  19. #19
    SitePoint Member engrmudasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found social media an awesome way to boost up your website traffic within days. I have found it an easy and free way to get more traffic in less time. All you need is to stay calm with your friends.

  20. #20
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Sega View Post
    SEO just isn't what it used to be, saying that, many prospects have not clocked on to this basic fact.

    Selling a website is much like selling a house. If you're house has all the basic road structure and traffic passing it, then all you need is to rebuild the house (much like rebranding Amazon). Now if that house is a new house, with no traffic there, in the middle of nowhere, then you'd have to put in the road, road lamps and signs pointing so you'd be able to soon have a digital neighbourhood fuelling your virtual economy, is that makes sense.

    We can build sites, but the like mention but in the most cases if it's a new site, then the client won't get any traffic and therefore no sales, meaning that the website you sold them failed to do the job.

    Like mentioned SEO changed and now those off-page tricks, simply don't work any more. We've now entered an age where you cannot trick search engines and on-page optimization has evolved dramatically giving more focus onto the on page factors. As this is said, the only way I can think of to increase web traffic is with social media optimization.

    I was thinking of having in a social media pack to clients, so we can increase their hits on the pages via twitter, stumbled upon, facebook etc. Social Media optimization is kind of the new search engine optimization.
    Hey Sega, this is really good to know really great one... & in social media i can say that i m totally new, i have tried on my site... but i faild & never traid it again. Now looking for come back with great tutorial so kindly guide me with any case study if you can do!!!

    thanks,

  21. #21
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes definitely doing SEO via social media marketing is getting very beneficial for your business except that whatever the traffic you are getting in your site is not every time genuine traffic means your site only consider the visits but not the hits which you want to increase in SEO otherwise there is no doubt that social media marketing is very very best weapon for SEO.

  22. #22
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ahmedabad
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I definitely agree with you. Without a doubt social media marketing boost your website ranking SERPs, but when you have to do SMM in proper & correct way. Because with the help of SMM you get targeted traffic, & traffic is also play vital role to increase your website ranking in SERPs.

  23. #23
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicazora View Post
    Yes, I definitely agree with you. Without a doubt social media marketing boost your website ranking SERPs, but when you have to do SMM in proper & correct way. Because with the help of SMM you get targeted traffic, & traffic is also play vital role to increase your website ranking in SERPs.
    Some social channels may help you with search, many others are private and never seen but either way the primary benefits are worlds apart. If you can pick up a little ranking as a secondary, great, but don't make it your focus.
    - Ted S

  24. #24
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with at this point that social media is a new source to bring traffic but we do have to keep doing the basic techniques for SEO.Because today more people prefer to search in search engine.

  25. #25
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I agree with the fact that Search Engine Optimization has become a difficult task, I disagree with the fact that social media is good in driving targeted traffic. Just think about the efforts on both, how many targeted and new visitors can you drive into your website with social media optimization efforts?

    But instead, if you can work on SEO and get your website ranked for just one targeted keyword, you are done and its easy from there on.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •