SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give your valuable opinion about my blog

I make a blog about 10 months ago.I wrote over 50 unique articles.Please visit my site and give your opinion.
    Civil Architect Blog

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It might be nice to give an intro on your home page. I mean, what's this site for? why should I stay? It's good to address this. There is the word Architect at the top, but articles on software and what not. People need to know what a site is for. It's also not really clear where to click to see all of your articles and browse them. You need a link in your main menu that takes me to your main article page.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your opinion

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your blog is pretty good and hope so that you will soon get the better results as what results do you want. You have written good articles from which the most important are those in which you have discussed about business problems...

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well-organized website with quakity content. wirh good design. but woldnt you like to make it a little brighter to change the background?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Can you tell us more about what you want to accomplish with the site? I mean, is it a place for you to record and organize your thoughts, or is your primary purpose to teach others?

Also, what kinds of feedback are you looking for--are you looking for information about the look and layout, or about the content?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i mean is the content are relevant.Can i get adsence? Is the website attractive? Is there any problem?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you wrote blog about 10 months ago, which type of blog you post and which type of article did you post.
    Last edited by Stevie D; Aug 6, 2012 at 04:40. Reason: Fake signature removed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly I think it needs more colour. More colour will make it more inviting to your visitors. Your content and nav seems to be adequate enough but jazz it up a bit, try out some fonts and colours etc.
    http://notmyholiday.com - Shared Holidays
    http://studentsalike.com - Student guides and Entertainment Topics

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good combinations of colors, light and fast congratulations!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your site, very nice design light colors and loading fast, keep the good work!! i like it.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the design of your blog with best possible combination of contents and images.

Better to put some logo in the header.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the name of site one would think about it's a civil engineering or construction or architecture site

But looking at site I found its totally different topic

You got seo articles,university, Ielts

In my opinion website name and the content doesnot go together? You might want to consider a different domain

Reason: I would not say to any body that go to civil art to read more about seo?

That's my two cents

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest that your homepage should be a static page with an overview of what your site is about. It can also include snippets of your most recent posts, but going to a site and landing on a page with 12 random articles on it is a bit overwhelming. I'm sure that it's great for SEO (tons of keywords in the content, H tags with keywords, etc...), but it all seems a bit cluttered.

The site also looks a bit like a standard template design, customize the site and make it your own.

Other then that, it looks good.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

First: I like your blog is somehow simple and the colors are good.
    Second:You should change your background with something else(a open color).
    Third: I see that you have twitter button twice(one near search area and second below menu bar), use once.

Anyway your blog looks great, I think your 10 months paid off. Good job!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design and also the content of your website is great. Well done! Overall color scheme is pretty much good but background could be improved. Why don’t you add a logo on your blog? Twitter button is present two times on your home page, any particular reason?

I would advise you to add some introduction text on your blog’s home page. What is the core purpose of the site? What people can accomplish using this site? Blog name might confuse your visitors. By looking at your blog name visitors might think that the site is probably dedicated to civil or architecture designs. But in reality, it is not. You might consider choosing a different domain name.

And as Chicago boss suggest home page should be static and adding snippet of most recent post isn’t a bad idea at all.

Keep up the good work and all the best for your blog.
    Get iPhone to Computer Transfer Tool - Transfer iPhone Files (Voice Memos,
    Music, Videos, Photos) to computer and vice versa with ease.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think overall the site is good, but it's pretty far reaching. I have a background in architecture (as in buildings, not software), but it took me a little while to understand that this really was what the site is about. Especially when I see items in the categories list, such as SEO and Blogging, you may want to make these relate to the premise of the site, such as 'Blogging for Architects'.

I do think far-reaching sites can work (I have one), but it's set up more as a personal blog.

Perhaps a bit of text on the home page outlining the mission of the website, and perhaps some imagery that conveys the subject of the site.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very clean design. Would reccomend a logo, though. Great content.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quality of your content is very good, the design is simple but clear and nice. You need an new and attractive logo, I think it is important. I think that you should take very seriously to add some introduction text on the home page of your blog. As another user said What is the core purpose of the site? What people can accomplish using this site? Blog name might confuse your visitors. By looking at your blog name visitors might think that the site is probably dedicated to civil or architecture designs. But in reality, it is not. Furthermore, I dont really like your domain name, it will be very nice if you consider choosing a different domain name, a more attractive domain name.
    Another point is that you should work on search engine optimization issues (SEO) because is very important to receive organic traffic from search engines. So, keep walking, you did a nice job and you can do more and better.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job, the blog is really the freshest on this valuable topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the good blogs I've seen. Structured and organized. It's very nice.