User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    ... I and my family/friends agree that the queen was a bit of an embarrassment—sitting there like a sour old puss through the show
    She was interviewed recently by "Woman's Hour" (radio programme), which Running Bear listens to while repairing bicycles. Apparently, the worst aspect of being Queen is needing a bladder like an ox, to sit through lengthy ceremonies. Maybe she was trying to work out if she could sneak out to powder her nose. The poor woman is 86, after all.
    The corgies were cute, though.
    +1
    Yeah, I don't like him much, but I admit his routine in the ceremony was pretty funny.
    +1

Unfortunately, we don't get to see a lot of the games here, as it takes place in the wee hours for us (so I just flick on the TV for a few minutes if I get up for a wee).
    You should be OK with the beach volleyball, then. It's been going on way past 11pm our time. Beats me why they transported all that sand to London, though. They could have held the competition here - we have plenty of sandy beaches, including one seven miles long. Mind you, they'd have needed a good stock of balls; one good gust of wind (hardly a rarity in these parts) and it's next stop Newfoundland.

Good to see Bradley Wiggins get his gold - he's such a nice guy.

And we still have the Paralympics to come when this is all over. I'm really looking forward to the wheelchair rugby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I have been watching the Olympics since it first day but honestly I just watched my nation's games! Fortunately My nation managed to secure a bronze medal in rifle shots!

SitePoint Member littlemisschic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the opening ceremony! wonder if the queen really jumped out of that helicopter, I doubt it though!

haven't had a chance to watch alot of the events I wanted too yet but have sky+ it for later!
    Did get to see the mens high dive ....poor Tom! but those mexians where amazing.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoBear View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]The poor woman is 86, after all.
    Yes, although she seemed sour from the beginning. Maybe they didn't let her go to the bathroom before walking out to be adulated?

You should be OK with the beach volleyball, then. It's been going on way past 11pm our time.
    Except that our hopeless TV coverage prolly wouldn't cover it anyway. I'm too stingy to get pay TV, and I think the free to air guys purposely do a terrible coverage just to force us to pay up. They always do good business around this time of olympiad, I hear.

Robert Wellock silver trophybronze trophy xhtmlcoder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queen Elizabeth II had a male stunt double for obvious reasons. Anyway the queen is supposed to look unruffled. I am sure she gets stalled with all those hectic public events on a daily basis anyway not a job I'd like... Yes, hopefully they'll give more coverage to the Paralympics than has happened in the past because they have been seriously let down in previous years by the media.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Except that our hopeless TV coverage prolly wouldn't cover it anyway. I'm too stingy to get pay TV, and I think the free to air guys purposely do a terrible coverage just to force us to pay up. They always do good business around this time of olympiad, I hear.
    We only have Freeview. We watch so little TV it isn't worth paying for more channels. Of course, we get fewer channels out here than on the mainland. We weren't bothered by that until we were visiting and discovered a channel with lots of reruns of old cop shows and daft 70s adventure series, which we'd really like to get. Maybe we'll get lucky when Northern Ireland goes digital; we already get our digital radio from there, so we might pick up a few extra TV channels. Who knows?

Hopefully we'll get good coverage of the athletics. The Paralympics will be covered by a different broadcaster, but so far things look hopeful there.

Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoBear View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]We only have Freeview.
    We are sooo jealous that the BBC (I think it was them—or maybe some other UK provider) is broadcasting/providing full video footage of every event online. We are blocked from it, though. It's a reminder that, for all the fun of the Olympics, it's primarily a money making operation.

From space with love silver trophy
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are sooo jealous that the BBC (I think it was them—or maybe some other UK provider) is broadcasting/providing full video footage of every event online. We are blocked from it, though. It's a reminder that, for all the fun of the Olympics, it's primarily a money making operation.
    It's the BBC broadcasting it here in the UK, 24 standard definition channels and 24 HD channels (apparently most of that has also been in 3D) showing all the events. Some events finish around midnight. @TechnoBear ; where I live we can only get the public service freeview channels as we get ours through a relay station.
    Community Team Advisor
    Forum Guidelines: Posting FAQ Signatures FAQ Self Promotion FAQ
    Help the Mods: What's Fluff? Report Fluff/Spam to a Moderator

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulation Saina Nehwal

Congratulation Saina for winning bronze medal for india, go india go.

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm totally happy that Serena Williams won the Gold medal. YAY! She has almost the exact playing style that I had during my professional Tennis years, only that I was faster.

I can't wait for the final tomorrow between Andy Murray and Roger Federer. I really like both, but Murray has the edge because his unconventional playing style is much more appealing to me. Besides, I'm a fan of Scotland, so yes, go and get Gold, Andy!
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

From space with love silver trophy
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Murry wins the tennis, Federer had a harder match in the semis, don't know how long that final set went on for but it must have been a while.

When the UK music chart gets published on Sunday I wouldn't be surprised to see Chariots of Fire make as re-entry.
    Community Team Advisor
    Forum Guidelines: Posting FAQ Signatures FAQ Self Promotion FAQ
    Help the Mods: What's Fluff? Report Fluff/Spam to a Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Olympics very much. I have never seen it at stadium but i always try to watch it in TV. My favorite sport is Football but i also like tennis.
    I watch all events except for women's football.
    Last edited by ralph.m; Aug 4, 2012 at 23:58. Reason: removed link

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wow - the athletics were terrific last night, especially from a British perspective. Three gold medals in track and field. And I was really pleased to see Galen Rupp take the silver in the 10,000m. He and Mo Farrer are such good friends, I think the double made it even more special for them, and it just didn't matter that they were running for different teams. Now that's the Olympic spirit.

Robert Wellock silver trophybronze trophy xhtmlcoder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maleika, you were faster on your feet I assume? I suspect you'll be completely transfixed to the TV this afternoon; incapable of moving or doing any work; you'll have it all planned out for maximum enjoyment with a "Do not disturb, watching Tennis" sign on the house door no-doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clay pigeon shooting was great viewing. and as for last night 4th august brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    London 2012 Olympics is so ...................fail.

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mariary View Post
    London 2012 Olympics is so ...................fail.
    Why?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me together with my brother watch Olympics 2012 on TV and most of all we are interested in athletics, we were not lucky to go to london to any of these events but we follow it on TV)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Canada's Women's Soccer/Football won Bronze this morning! Yeah! I don't know if anyone else agrees but these Canadian Women got ripped off with the refereeing in the USA versus Canada match, but it diminished how hard the Canadian Women worked and IMHO unjustly punished them. Very proud and happy that they won Bronze though!

Regards,
    Steve
    ictus==""

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Brilliant Men's 800m final last night. Gold medal went to the wonderful David Rudisha, with a new world record time, and the silver to the young Botswanan, Nijel Amos, who achieved a new National and world junior record. Every man in the field either set a new record or achieved a new PB or SB. Amazing. Well done to Britain's Andrew Osagie, who managed to keep up with such a class field and set a new PB. Thrilling stuff to watch.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team GB on a roll at the moment - we want more Gold - last night was excellent for the females

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yay - Mo Farrah won double Olympic gold.

And a brilliant men's marathon to close the athletics this morning. Great to see Uganda take a surprise gold - their first Olympic gold since 1972, and only their second ever. Congratulations to Stephen Kiprotich.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now the game is over...what a pity.grr
    I will miss it.

Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)