Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
... I and my family/friends agree that the queen was a bit of an embarrassment—sitting there like a sour old puss through the show
She was interviewed recently by "Woman's Hour" (radio programme), which Running Bear listens to while repairing bicycles. Apparently, the worst aspect of being Queen is needing a bladder like an ox, to sit through lengthy ceremonies. Maybe she was trying to work out if she could sneak out to powder her nose. The poor woman is 86, after all.
The corgies were cute, though.
+1
Yeah, I don't like him much, but I admit his routine in the ceremony was pretty funny.
+1

Unfortunately, we don't get to see a lot of the games here, as it takes place in the wee hours for us (so I just flick on the TV for a few minutes if I get up for a wee).
You should be OK with the beach volleyball, then. It's been going on way past 11pm our time. Beats me why they transported all that sand to London, though. They could have held the competition here - we have plenty of sandy beaches, including one seven miles long. Mind you, they'd have needed a good stock of balls; one good gust of wind (hardly a rarity in these parts) and it's next stop Newfoundland.

Good to see Bradley Wiggins get his gold - he's such a nice guy.

And we still have the Paralympics to come when this is all over. I'm really looking forward to the wheelchair rugby.