SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: IE 9 Anomoly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE 9 Anomoly

I took a break from making things work for IE but I am back at it again. This time it is IE9. Has anyone experienced divs moving on hover when they are supposed to stay in their place? I wish I could post my code but I think it is more of a CSS standard that IE9 does not want to behave rather than coding. I can use conditional statements or specific IE9 styles in my CSS (which I do not know the syntax) But of course I would not want to do either. It just bothers me that a hover on an element keeps going out of its flow in IE9.
    -=SunnaH=-

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy chris.upjohn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is there a link we can use to see this behavior as no browser can act this way unless another element is forcing the element to move or a mousemove event is bound to the document itself.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    IE9 is pretty reliable ( ) so it's likely something pretty simple. But without code or a link, we can't offer anything but vague generalities. If posting code, make sure it's a complete, working example that demonstrates the behavior.

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    As others have said IE9 is pretty reliable and its usually down to coding issues rather than bugs so we'd need to see the code even if only to confirm it's a bug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks. I wil get the code up when I get back to this. I am forgetting I designing/coding for a standard not a browser :-)
    -=SunnaH=-