SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review iPhoneIcon, an icons site for ios and web designers.

My site was http://www.iphoneicon.net
    It is a tag based icons site for iPhone/iPad application developers, web designers and graphics artists. It also has a powerful icon search engine, users could get the icons they want easily by search keywords.

what I really care about as follow:
    1. Is there any error in my site?
    2. What about the site style?
    3. The search function.
    4. Any other suggestion to my site.

Any comments and suggestions will be welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn't much to say in the way of design criticism, really. It's clean, functional, and intuitive.

The about page is a bit redundant, since you have that information on the main page. You should can the About page. OOOR you could shorten the info on the main page, making it concise and to the point. Then expand the About page. More about the site, and more about you.

I noticed a few errors.
    On both the Main and About page: Please reading the license...
    On the About page title: Aoubt > About

I was about to gripe about there not being a mobile version or mobile responsiveness, being is the site is called iphoneicon, but the site is actually decent on my iPhone. *shrug* I'm not sure about other mobile devices, though. That may be something to look into, considering your target audience will likely have, and regularly use smartphones.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

Nice site! Great start

Just so you know, the copy does not read smoothly. While I'm not seeing any "errors", it's obvious to me that it was written by someone who is not a native speaker or a non-professional. I would try to find a copywriter to help you with that.

As far as design goes, I think it is very nice. But I'm not seeing enough contrast in presentation between the content in the right sidebar and the main content. It's confusing to the eye. I would suggest changing the background color of the sidebar, reducing the size of the icons in the sidebar so they don't compete with the main content and playing with text size.

Also, this is a matter of preference, but I don't like the font size variation in the tags list.

I'd also second the previous poster - I'd make this site fluid down to mobile. Makes big sense for the audience.

Good work and good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgCody View Post
    There isn't much to say in the way of design criticism, really. It's clean, functional, and intuitive.

The about page is a bit redundant, since you have that information on the main page. You should can the About page. OOOR you could shorten the info on the main page, making it concise and to the point. Then expand the About page. More about the site, and more about you.

I noticed a few errors.
    On both the Main and About page: Please reading the license...
    On the About page title: Aoubt > About

I was about to gripe about there not being a mobile version or mobile responsiveness, being is the site is called iphoneicon, but the site is actually decent on my iPhone. *shrug* I'm not sure about other mobile devices, though. That may be something to look into, considering your target audience will likely have, and regularly use smartphones.

Thnak you for reply, I have changed the "reading" to "read", but I still have not found where is the "Aoubt".
    please tell me the position for detail. thank you

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazzzidy View Post
    Hello!

Nice site! Great start

Just so you know, the copy does not read smoothly. While I'm not seeing any "errors", it's obvious to me that it was written by someone who is not a native speaker or a non-professional. I would try to find a copywriter to help you with that.

As far as design goes, I think it is very nice. But I'm not seeing enough contrast in presentation between the content in the right sidebar and the main content. It's confusing to the eye. I would suggest changing the background color of the sidebar, reducing the size of the icons in the sidebar so they don't compete with the main content and playing with text size.

Also, this is a matter of preference, but I don't like the font size variation in the tags list.

I'd also second the previous poster - I'd make this site fluid down to mobile. Makes big sense for the audience.

Good work and good luck!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Actually I am not a native English speaker, how kind of you help me to make the introduction more smoothly.

The right sider bar was a little width, but the size is fit to put ads in future, and I also consider about to make a copy for phones, maybe it will come true soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lighting000 View Post
    Thnak you for reply, I have changed the "reading" to "read", but I still have not found where is the "Aoubt".
    please tell me the position for detail. thank you
    It's in the <title>, The text that displays at the top of the browser.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgCody View Post
    It's in the <title>, The text that displays at the top of the browser.
    Thank you, I already change it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your website!
    simple, light, and have a good looking iphone icon too
    Simple websites is the no.1 for the costumer i think, don't make the costumer dizzy with your web design

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like your website.it is good.it looks like a professional site.Try to improve your contents more.

The icon is also smooth and good.it is attractive.

The template is simple and quite good.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, good job that you have a clear introduction on the home page. But if you are serious about selling to an English-speaking audience, you must get a qualified proofreader. Here's a suggestion:

iPhoneIcon is a repository of over 50,000 high quality iPhone/iPad icons for application developers, web designers and graphics artists. Each icon is available in PNG (Linux), ICO (Windows) and ICNS (Macintosh) formats. You can search for the perfect icon by keyword or tag, or download the entire icon set as a zip archive.
    That's not perfect, but a little better, IMHO.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The about page and the introduction on front page should be different, or Google will consider it duplicate content. Other then that it's useable and doesn't look half bad, but I always like lighter backgrounds then the one you have now.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My immediate impression is that it looks professional. I like the design and color scheme.

I have just typed in a query into search and it has return:
    Search service not responding, please try again.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have just had a look at you website. so i liked it, quality content but maybe you are to change the background to a brighter one. and there is too many stuff on the 1st page.