User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Jeff Mott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deeve007 View Post
    You'd probably need to go to the actual websites for each CSS framework and talk to those specialized communities.
    Then perhaps those responses could go into those threads?
    Sometimes that happens, but sometimes not, because there's no one person overseeing each thread to make sure it's answered. From my own experiences, if I come across a question that I don't have the answer to, then I just move on and leave it for someone else who may have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by deeve007 View Post
    As I've stated, I don't find "code hacker" offensive, even if someone directed it at me. I've never before come across a community where it was deemed or perceived by anyone as offensive.
    I don't even know what the term "code hacker" is supposed to mean, but the rest of the phrasing in your subject line is what makes it sound derogatory.

Are you a professional or just a ....

Whatever word comes next will carry negative connotations because of that lead-in. You've already set it up to be something non-professional and of lesser importance.
    "First make it work. Then make it better."

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a member of a couple of writing forums:

If someone was to ask, "Are you a professional writer or just an amateur?", I'm an amateur writer, so would quite happily answer "just an amateur", with the hope that one day I can make some money from it (I'm trying to write my first novel).

padawan silver trophybronze trophy markbrown4's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're beginning to look a little funny doing this awkward dance with words.

Anything to be gained from this thread now has been gained.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why? Seems I'm expected by some to admit I'm completely wrong, while they choose not to respond to my rationale or accept there may be two equally valid but differing viewpoints.

Seems a very one way street.

But you're right, my original question (and purpose of the thread) has been well answered by a variety of forum members now, which I appreciate.

padawan silver trophybronze trophy markbrown4's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And now we're right back where we started "Why won't anyone respond to my thread?"

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How? I got many very constructive responses to my original question???

The off topic stuff, well, I don't really know what else is to be gained from further discussion it would seem. I can accept differing equally valid viewpoints, and that I will guard against using certain terms or phrases on this forum in the future.

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Wow. That took some reading...

I'm thinking that we might call an end to this thread now. It's becoming more of an argument than a valuable resource. Thanks all for your opinions, as always.