SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Almeaty Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering why so few people come to my site: icosmoss.com....
    This service is for exchanging and promoting open source projects to which developers can freely join and help each other.

Is it because I don't market it correctly or because something's missing to let people contribute?

Tell me what you think of it and how I could promote icosmoss.com in a very efficient way. If possible, I'm thinking of about 50-100 visits a day. What kind of marketing is better: banner ads on search engines like yahoo or should it be more specific by contacting org's who are offering similar services? Or any other idea? How much should I invest in ads?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are attracting a small amount of people, be happy with your few visits they will probably be reapeat visitors.
    Ace Nova
    Football Man
    InternetSprite.Com - Coming Soon!

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you've got some pretty stiff competition from sourceforge.net which is owned by VA. They get most of the Slashdot open source program authors I'll bet.

You need to offer something very unique on your site that SF.net doesn't have.

p.s. I'm building a php mailing list manager so I'll consider your site to host it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DIMA....

your site has a really nice layout, and looks like it could become very good.

I automatically did the poll, it is a REALLY attractive site!

Here is how I think you should try to get more visitors (at least, this is what has worked for me!):

-Submit to Yahoo! Canada. This got me reviewed in under a week, and without that business express stuff. Getting into Yahoo! brought my daily pageviews from about 100 to about 1000. Wow, boy, was I happy!

Okay, so I am no promotion wiz. But still, the Yahoo Canada thing worked for me, maybe it will for you! I have heard of it working for other people. (This is all assuming you aren't already in Yahoo! )

SitePoint articles are also really helpful!

Jim

http://www.freejavahelp.com
    Making Java REALLY Easy
    Tutorials, Forums, and Articles

Almeaty Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not yet listed in Yahoo!'s directory. I've submitted my site to Yahoo! Canada just yesterday night. Hope it'll be reviewed soon...

Thanks!