User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to reduce traffic bouncing?

hey guys!

I have a website which has apps on homepage and visitors usually use the site as bookmark inorder to use the app. The app opens in a new window and this is causing google to count it as a bounce. Could anyone suggest how do we isolate the URL or avoid google from counting this a bounce? Expert advice would be welcomed!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's an external link add a pageTracker element to the link to generate a view for the popup which will solve the bouncing and let you see what's getting visited.

http://support.google.com/googleanal...n&answer=55527

If it's internal Google should figure this out via the cookie / session...
    - Ted S

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Ted! But then i would like to know if there is really any way to reduce the bounce rate of a page? If i could slow down the jumping of visitors from my page to the app's page! Since google figures this out by cookies, most of my page visits are bounces.

Mouse catcher silver trophy
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seotrafficsearch View Post
    Thanks for the reply Ted! But then i would like to know if there is really any way to reduce the bounce rate of a page? If i could slow down the jumping of visitors from my page to the app's page! Since google figures this out by cookies, most of my page visits are bounces.
    I think you need to be clear about what it is you're trying to do...

Are you:
    (a) trying to reduce the actual bounce rate (ie, the number of people who land on your page and bounce straight out again), or
    (b) trying to reduce the stats for the bounce rate, so that people who get sidetracked by a pop-up window but still have your site open aren't counted?

SitePoint Member epassiveincome's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proper navigation structure will drive the visitor to the desired place. So the visitor keep going from one page of the site to another which ultimately reduces the bounce rate.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good & Simply design
    simply navigation
    Attractive website content
    less page load time

reduce your website bounce rate.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seotrafficsearch View Post
    hey guys!

I have a website which has apps on homepage and visitors usually use the site as bookmark inorder to use the app. The app opens in a new window and this is causing google to count it as a bounce. Could anyone suggest how do we isolate the URL or avoid google from counting this a bounce? Expert advice would be welcomed!
    Have you tried rearranging your settings so clicking on the app doesn't open in a new window, but on the same instead?
    I don't know what CMS you're using but this is a very simple thing to do, regardless.