User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions on Flag/Banner site, please

This is my first (and probably last!) site. I know it's a mess, especially behind the scenes. I had to (start) learning html, css, Inkscape all at one time. I will be redoing it within a few months as I learn more.

http://unitedbannercustom.com/index.html

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is good, which cms are you using?
    Try to make it Fluid and if possible, add some sidebars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice website, love the colors.
    I would remove the hover color when you hover the banner.
    Chat Arena - General Forum!
    - www.chatarena.org

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your comments. I thought it was so irredeemable that no one could think of anything to say about it.
    Sms, I don't have a CMS. I put it up just with cPanel on my hosting server. I thought it was fluid/responsive design because of using percentages and ems but of course I need to learn much more. Also there is nothing I can do about the page with the quote request because the form maker I used is some bloated bunch of generated code that doesn't "move". It took a lot of experimentation just to get it sort of centered on the page.

Ashley, I'm going to be changing the banner color. The hover right now is there because I wanted a little but it activity and don't know how to make anything else move! Also, I created in a Firefox browser where it was all looking pretty decent but then I read about cross-browser problems. Sure enough, in any version of IE it looked awful! So I ended up spending a lot of time trying to learn how to make an IE display. I may prefer the IE color display better than the FF now.

Do you have any suggestions for making the site a little more snazzy without the hover?

Thanks again for the comments.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site is looking very simple and professional and color combinations are good.