SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BookYourGolf.Net - Honest Revies Requied

Hi guys, wondering if you could check out my site bookyourgolf.net and let me know what you think. I'd like to know how easy it is to use - for example, try researching golf courses in Phuket, Thailand and booking (don't actually book!). How do you find the search results pages? Can you try to compare some courses in phuket and let me know how easy it is. Do you find yourself lost at all when navigating?

Appreciate any and all feedback, please be honest and crude as you like.

Thanks

BookYourGolf.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    i think you have a very good site here, my only quibble would be the colour scheme which I think could be better.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing we want to find out are not Great things, but we want to know what the potential pain points are? What do you hate (Please DON'T comment about design). We need functionality pros and cons. Thx

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just realised that i did not provide a link

http://www.bookyourgolf.net

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm on the home page and there's a link to the home page, you want to highlight it or differentiate it in some way from the other nav tabs so it says "you are here." Otherwise, you'll have users trying to click "home" when they are on the home page.

I wish there were a sentence or two near the top that explains exactly what you do. After a couple of minutes, I understand, but I want to be able to get it immediately. Your logo and domain name are clear to you, but if someone arrives right away, it's not as clear as if you have a statement that says "Let us plan your next great golf get-away."

The golf gloved thumb is the most dominant thing on the page. I'm not sure it should be. I know people will tell you to have a clear call to action, but it's really in your face and I want to look at locations before I want to get a quote. The thumb is so distracting it's hard to look at other things on the site.

Your Ireland, Dubai, and Turkey images have golf courses and make sense. Your French (sorry--Europe) and Thailand photos (which come up first) do not say "golf course," so I would remove them or replace them.

The color is problematic--it doesn't say "relaxing, fun vacation." Green and white with a hint of orange would probably be better than the dark theme.

I like how detailed your search options are for your golf packages. One thing I would recommend is to automatically gray out or "un-require" users to select something when there's only one choice. For example, I selected continent: Asia-Pacific, country: Hong Kong, and then I got to "region." Hong Kong is the only region available, so I shouldn't have to click that--ideally, it would be automatically selected.

When I click on "property abroad" in your main nav, I don't expect to go to a completely different site; I think that should be linked from a different location.

You answer a lot of questions about the system and establish your expertise with lots of locations and with your customer service options (live chat, for example) placed so prominently. Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think their is very less content on your site. In your very homepage, you should add certain text above the maps. Google can't understand these maps and images. Use good description and alternate tags for images. Your image title is something else and alternate tag is completely different

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Words of some part is too big, just gives some paddings. 301 redirect BookYourGolf.net to www.bookyourgolf.net to avoid scattered domain weight

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave a couple searches in Australia a try - rather than a popup "No searches found" box and returning to the previous page, I'd prefer to see the "no results" shown on the page itself, just find popups a bit obtrusive.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impression was very good - I am using IE8 and for some reasoon site looks all out of alignment:
    golf.jpg

Searching:
    I tried hard to search for a 'persoanlised trip' however I keep getting 'no results found'.

I think the search needs to work in a different way, have a look at AutoTrader, and see how the available items changes as you specify the search criteria.