SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Precise Calculator Tutorial

The format for the tutorial is different. It is more 'show and tell'. The calculator is a Scientific Programmable Calculator (usually people are concerned and do not like the math or advanced calculators). The idea is to give the problems with how to do, then they can just change the variables (where you put A= 5 - or some number and then all they need to do is change the variables - [the number where A= ??] and it will work the problem. Or see how the calculator is programmed and write their own programs. The easier the calculator is to use, the more chance they will use it (the calculator is FREE).
    - How can I change it to make it better (all areas). You can download the calculator and use it (FREE). More examples will be posted as I get time.
    -
    Thank You
    falcon
    Many good Free Tutorials at:
    http://freetutorials.name

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It's not really clear what you are referring to here. Do you mean the site in your signature? Where is the calculator?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My error. The site is the page Precise Calculator Manual (the link) The Calculator is the link in the banner 'Precise Calculator Download' also there is 'Precise Calculator Examples'. These should make it easier to use and understand. My goal is to make it easy, so anything that needs to be clarified is what I am looking for. I have been programming and setting up calculators (different makes and models) so I miss the concepts or areas that you don't understand because many I take for granted. Mostly using TI calculators and programming in Basic, But many free ones are able to achieve the same results and this is one of the better FREE ones and is easy to program and use (also is better than some expensive ones). I didn't write the calculator program, just trying to help students be able to use it to calculate some advanced math.
    -
    Thank You
    falcon

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by navyfalcon View Post
    The site is the page Precise Calculator Manual (the link) The Calculator is the link in the banner 'Precise Calculator Download' also there is 'Precise Calculator Examples'.
    Where is the site, though? I'm not sure what you are referring to. Do you have a link?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://freetutorials.name/Reference1...%20Manual.html
    -
    This is the link
    -
    The true knowledge we obtain as we go
    -
    Thank You
    falcon

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea! At this stage it's like BASIC with some buttons around.
    To make really quick improvements, alter it's syntax:
    1. To automatically PRINT raw expressions (i.e. "2+2" line should print "4")
    2. To automatically ASK for unknown variables (i.e. "2*X+5" should ask with popup for X value and then print the result).

In general, you should do this as web service for people to calculate online and share common library of macroses.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check top of page 'Related Articles' "Download Precise Calculator". There you should see many Macros that you can 'copy and paste' to the calculator and run. Then add to your stored Macros. We are adding to the Macros every week, plus we intend to add some line-by-line descriptions for some of the Macros. Make it as easy a possible to use this FREE Programmable Scientific Calculator.
    - Thank You
    falcon

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't get your point sorry.

<snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Jul 27, 2012 at 02:04. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature