SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <sly grin comes across his face>

I like the idea! How much ya want for it?

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't work in my room. I have my own office downstairs in our finished basement. It's cool. About as big as my room (it's big!). I have a bookshelf, two L shaped desks, my computer, printer, scanner, and I have two comfortable chairs. One is setup next to a little coffee table with magazines. That's where I do my reading. My walls are off white with all my certificates, and some movie posters, as well as a banner with my company logo. It's nice...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Company logo? Wha?

mouse monkey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    <sly grin comes across his face>

I like the idea! How much ya want for it?
    $500,000 would do me nicely. (How much is that In British pounds ?)

Whops we're not allowed to talk about money here, lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    Originally posted by Sparkie
    I'm working from an office/library. One entire wall is a gigantic (full) bookshelf, and the other wall is occupied by the computer and all its counterparts. It also has a good number of file cabinets, a desk and a table. Now if only I had a refrigerator...
    Man, that could be me talking! I NEED one of those little mini-freezer thingies...I have a dream: to have a shelf with a microwave and tiny freezer on it next to my computer...I can stock up on soda and hotpockets and I'd only have to leave my desk to sleep and use the bathroom.
    LOL! Chris, I've got what you're looking for: http://www.sports-central.org/stuff/nobreaks.jpg .
    Now just give me a little refrigerator and I'm all set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen...

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Karl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work from my office with my business partner, it's about 5M x 7M and has a cloakroom and toliet facilities. It's just been re-fitted with desks around 1/2 the room with cupboards and draws underneath the desks.

We have two Dual 550 PCs, one Duron 1050 (Yes it's clocked), one AMD K6-2 500 and an AMD K6-2 300 Laptop.

We have two big leather managers chairs for sitting on.

Any clients that do happen to come into the office are usually ver impreseed.
    Karl Austin :: Profile :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    Business Web Hosting :: Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Call 0800 542 9764 today and ask how we can help your business grow.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Elledan
    You've a lappy, or...
    I use a fullsize desktop PC with a 17" monitor. The Dining Room table is in the Kitchen along one-side of the room.

The Dining Room has been converted somewhat into a home-office with 2 desks, a printer stand and a 100Mhz Ethernet Network.

My desk is in one corner and is covered with books, magazines, McDonald's Happy Meal toys, a bubblegum machine and a stuffed gecko who always sits on top of my monitor looking down. There are a few music CD's and headphones. The CD's include Pink Floyd, Barenaked Ladies, Tori Amos, Santana, A-Ha and several others but these are rotated from my main collection. There are usually several Software packages on my desk as well as burned CD's because I never install from the originals.

The other Desk is my Fiance's. It has her computer and monitor on it, a CD rack full of children's games, the network switch and a phone.

In between the two desks is a printer stand which has a color Canon printer, an IBM scanner, Paper Shredder and files on it.

Wayne Luke
    ------------

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Karl
    We have two Dual 550 PCs, one Duron 1050 (Yes it's clocked), one AMD K6-2 500 and an AMD K6-2 300 Laptop.

We have two big leather managers chairs for sitting on.
    Now, I wish I had that!

Well, my "office" is my bedroom, with a bed, my computer, another desk, a telescope and a big space in the middle of the room which is mostly used to play with my MindStorms. I have only two not very good chairs. I will probably be buying a decent leather chair and a lappy soon. (When I'm 15. That will be in about a year, but surely worth the wait!)

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! TWT! You're at 1999 posts! You are nearly there! Go slightly faster and you will catch up with wluke!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2002 now I think. Thanks for the kudos. <insert some recycled line about quality over quantity>. I'll never catch Wayne...neither in post number or overall helpfulness. I'm only flattered to have people like you consider me even near that level. He's the man...

Looking for another kid Wayne? I could probably put myself up for adoption.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Chris. Keep up the good work my man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am working in the den of the house, by the library, my desk is a total mess, i canteven find my sandwhich from yesterday.
    Ace Nova
    Football Man
    InternetSprite.Com - Coming Soon!

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SupernovaNetworks.Com, I think your signature is slightly larger than the limit of the forums. The limit is 4, you have 6! I think the 2 NS lines can be made smaller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by pedro_gb
    SupernovaNetworks.Com, I think your signature is slightly larger than the limit of the forums. The limit is 4, you have 6! I think the 2 NS lines can be made smaller.
    Looks like he has four to me...

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably just changed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We work from a 500 square ft room in my parentsí house. Right now we have 7 workstations, 8 computers, a mini-pbx phone system, a little fridge, a closet FULL of soft drinks, 2 whiteboards, sound system, fax machine, 400 lb filing cabinet (that was fun to move in here), a small sofa, a electronic whiteboard recorder (mimio http://www.mimio.com/ very good product), printer, air conditioner, a kvm switch box, a pencil sharpner, a router 2 switches, a rats nest of network cables, a number of copies of starcraft and quake, 10x cd-rw, some mouse pads, a fan , a recycling box , garbage can, 2 plants (one apears to be dying) .......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the living room of my apartment. I have a desk, a scanner and a printer. Nothing exciting. It would be cool to have an office somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and my medal that I won two years ago in the Ireland Programming Competition
    Please explain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sparklit
    We work from a 500 square ft room in my parentsí house. Right now we have 7 workstations, 8 computers, a mini-pbx phone system, a little fridge, a closet FULL of soft drinks, 2 whiteboards, sound system, fax machine, 400 lb filing cabinet (that was fun to move in here), a small sofa, a electronic whiteboard recorder (mimio http://www.mimio.com/ very good product), printer, air conditioner, a kvm switch box, a pencil sharpner, a router 2 switches, a rats nest of network cables, a number of copies of starcraft and quake, 10x cd-rw, some mouse pads, a fan , a recycling box , garbage can, 2 plants (one apears to be dying) .......
    :Drool:

(That should be a Smilie. Homer simpson drooling...)

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't work in my bedroom either. I have a real office with sterile(-looking) white cabinets and Diet Coke stains (that's the most essential part).

Here are two pictures of my corner of the office. My monitor, keyboard, mouse, Diet Coke cans, speakers ( http://aboutpcs.com/pix/office/1.jpg ) and My tower, cd-writer, and non-Win-modem ( http://aboutpcs.com/pix/office/2.jpg )
    (You can see my wallpaper in that picture, for those of you weho were wondering from Aidan's post inquiring as to what wallpaper you used.)

p.s. the vB URL code was messing up, so that's why the URLs are completely visible and not just the text..in case you were wondering

[Edited by d3v on 09-04-2000 at 12:06 AM]

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work from my bedroom...its a total mess, but I dont care
    I have a small computer desk with my monitor on top, and my case, printer and scanner are underneath. I also have a normal desk which I do my homework on, but it's always a mess too

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have access to the web 24/7 in work and that's the only place where I use the web. I work in a call centre type place that has enough room to hold about 400 PCs (at present there are about 180)

because of my position my desk is quite large (about 10 feet in length) but very tidy (brought up that way). I have a partision wallbetween me and my work colleagues and have print outs of work stuff on them and have the usual stationary on my desk (stapler, pen holder, drawing pins box, etc)

I also am fortunate to be able to listen to music when working and have approx 300 mp3 on my PC which I play with Winamp and have a set of earphones. that's about it really

Oh yeah, nearly forgot, I also have a blow up plastic head of a dog with its tongue hanging out saying "Gone walkies, back soon" on the top of my monitor, which I got from a a fellow work mate as a xmas present

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here using a wireless headphone? I know that some of you are using a wireless keyboard/mouse (JamesUS) but how about the headphones?

I'm using a wireless headphone myself to avoid being strangled when I watch a movie on my PC (late at night )

You never know when you fall asleep...
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My stepmother has something similar...a cool hands-free headset she connects to her phone for business calls when typing is inolved - it's pretty slick.