SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    SitePoint Wizard
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,155
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post how to make like this

    Please help me i want to make image like this.(please see below).I really want to make image like this i hope you can help me please.Thank in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    ralph.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    24,319
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Do you have Photoshop or illustrator?

    There are lots of tutorials online for doing this, such as

    http://line25.com/tutorials/how-to-b...-image-sprites

  3. #3
    SitePoint Wizard
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,155
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    Do you have Photoshop or illustrator?

    There are lots of tutorials online for doing this, such as

    http://line25.com/tutorials/how-to-b...-image-sprites
    Yes, I have.I am using cs5 photoshop...I tried searching google but google did not gave me the what i wanted..thank you for the link.so is this how it works?

  4. #4
    SitePoint Wizard
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,155
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    Do you have Photoshop or illustrator?

    There are lots of tutorials online for doing this, such as

    http://line25.com/tutorials/how-to-b...-image-sprites
    Hi,can i ask something about the image i posted,why is that the image should be look like that in making the tabs menu?why is it should have three vertical image with different background color?can you please enligthen my mind.Thank you in advance.

  5. #5
    It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    ralph.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    24,319
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jemz View Post
    Hi,can i ask something about the image i posted,why is that the image should be look like that in making the tabs menu?why is it should have three vertical image with different background color?can you please enligthen my mind.Thank you in advance.
    It's a "sprite" image, which means that different parts of the image appear depending on whether you are hovering over the image or not. Here's an intro:

    http://css-tricks.com/css-sprites/

  6. #6
    SitePoint Wizard
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,155
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    It's a "sprite" image, which means that different parts of the image appear depending on whether you are hovering over the image or not. Here's an intro:

    http://css-tricks.com/css-sprites/

    How thank you so much for this nice intro..okay so this is the sprite image now i know.thank you with this.

  7. #7
    It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    ralph.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    24,319
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You're welcome. Sprites are a lot of fun.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •