SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Friends, I'm from Brazil and I'm starting now, could you give me your opinions?

I started self-taught, because the financial conditions here are not very good ... I would like to take a look at my site and tell me where I can improve so I focus on it! Sorry for the english and thanks to all!

webdesign brasilia

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    My only suggestion would be to say something at the top of the page about what you do. I'm not sure what the words in the sideshow say, but a visitor has to look a fiar way down the page to know that you build websites.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Portuguese isn't so great, so I feel a little limited about the comments I can make.

I quite like the layout of your portfolio page. The screenshots to the left and the descriptions (I assume) of each project to the right are logically organized, without too much detail. They give a good sense of the kind of work you do.

I like the idea of the clean black bar at the bottom of the pages, but I think it's too thick (too tall). I think you could change the font style of the text and the size of several logos, shorten that black bar, and not miss anything.

I recognize some of your icons from Microsoft PowerPoint, simply because I have used some of them, too! You might consider finding some unique graphics. I don't know what those 3 boxes are at the bottom of the home page because I can't read the text underneath, but they don't link to anything and you can probably get rid of them.

I don't know what the turtle picture is about, but it's pretty specific, so if it's not necessary, I'd get it off of the home page.

Your main navigation links at the top are in a nice font and clean-looking. They might be a little bit big, but they're clear and obvious, and that's good for navigation.
    Personally, I don't need the logo to be animated every time I click on a page; it's just an unnecessary distraction. I would suggest you just keep it animated for the home page if you really love it, except that it competes with your slideshow graphic--it's too much movement on one page for my taste.

Good luck with the site!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its good.

I would make the footer stick at the bottom. maybe remove the animation from the logo. Use the background of the footer at the banner (it might look better)

on the services page, remove the black table border. Add a bit of line spacing between the lists.

The portfolio page is nice. Just remove the border at the bottom of each description and instead have a lot more margin between each section.

Try using the font that u used in your navigation, for you sub headings around the site.

Over all try to make everything fit together. At the moment a lot of things stand out too much. For example, the font used in the navigation, feels like it's not part of the site (as we cant see it anywhere else), the slideshow -even though it is fantastic, it has no similarities in everything else.
    - so if you try and add something to each "big" section, so that it has some similarities with the other element, the site would be much better

For example look at the color in this forum page. as far as I can see, you can not find one color that is not used more than ones (apart from our avatars which aren't part of the website)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Your footer image only covers 1400pxs of the screen, but people can have higher resolutions (like me!). I suggest you use an image that can be repeated horizontally.

The "ECKO Clean" image is too large for the footer and is creating white space under the footer. Also, when I hover over this image, an empty div is created, this div isn't removed and is created again and again every single time...

You are using onclick for linking everywhere instead of <a> tags, I don't know for sure but this seems like a bad idea.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noctuary
    Thanks mate, very good tips, an outsider can see details that we can not!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    akurtula
    Thanks my friend!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    J in Calgary
    Thanks for the suggestions!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noctuary
    Surely I will fix this little problem! Thank you so much for the feedback with a higher resolution!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me to improve more and more ...

Hello! I need reviews of my work in order to improve certain weak points that I have not seen ...
    Thank you for your attention!
    Last edited by ralph.m; Jul 15, 2012 at 03:52. Reason: unnecessary link

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need your feedback to improve, help!

I made ​​changes to my work site, what do you think of it?

webdesigner brasilia

Thanks!