User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please give me your feedback for my beach apartments website

hi friends
    i made this joomla website www.mauritiusbeachapartments.com . i want suggestions to make it better, dont be too hard
    thnx

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick run through - but it looks nice! Firstly - change the favicon :P I hate that joomla favicon!!

Nice use of colours, the green and orange always go together nicely, good use of gradients.

Like the icons - they look good to me. The image on the masthead makes me feel a bit dizzy looking at it - is it at a funny angle?

The header is very consistent on all pages - maybe to add some excitement to the pages change up the masthead a bit?

Otherwise - good effort
    Check out my new blog - and let me know if you have any content suggestions (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery tutorials) - http://www.display-nun.co.uk

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it
    - the colours work well together.
    - I really like the header, though the content underneath the flags might need to stand out a bit more.
    - the two columns feel a bit cramped (the "Apartments" and "Rooms") maybe have the in full widths one after the other, and then make the bullet points stand out more, by giving them a bit more space between them

I really like the fine lines which work really well at the bottom and on the left menu

also the buttons on the lightbox of the gallery, do not go with your site, mabey try and make some elegant ones which would go really well

very good

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I was a little surprised to first read the key word "beach" and then boom get hit with that green. . . . . . It works well though! And it ties in well with the main image in the header and a lot in the galleries as well. (im assuming that this wasn't a fluke )

I completely get that its really important that your viewers see the flags for translation (being a international tourist thing etc) But I wonder if perhaps you could move them . . . . they are kinda detracting from the otherwise very slick and appealing layout.

Perhaps add some more detailed location information . . . . it took me a while to work out. . . that could be me being VERY slow tonight.

Any way just my thoughts. Its all looking great though! Looks like some interesting diving there as well.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looking Good !!!!

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As mentioned, get rid of the Joomla favicon. I did not care for the color scheme at all. In addition, if your site is about beach apartments, I would expect somewhere on that site a nice wide photograph of a beach to set the mood.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do not know why you are afraid as i really liked you website, everything is okey, nice content, pleasurable colours, good organization. maybe just add a good sitemap.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reallylike the greens and the angle of the head picture! A different perspective for sure. it is a nice change from the expected blue, and the bits of red and blue in the apartment house add just enough additional color. After writing this I'm going to go back just to look at it for a while because I find it so attractive as a "picture".

Actually, I cannot say anything constructive because I find the art composition- colors, shadows, shapes, composition- so appealing that if there is anything else that possibly be an improvement, I cannot see it. I love it. I want to be there now!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked with someone from Mauritius while I was in New Zealand. I was looking forward to seeing your site and seeing what kinds of apartments are available... But the site appears to be down right now.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the site is pretty nice. The Colours are bright enought to make the visitor think they are on a "holiday" website and the information is clear and easy to read. My first comment is that i do not feel that the left hand navigation menu is necessary. There is never anything else on the left of the page, and i think you are just missing space for your current content. With it also being so close to your navigation i feel that i now have a choice between where i click.

I think it would also be nice to hightlight the current language you are on with the icons at the top of the page, and perhaps a nicely designed "logo" with the text of the website. Other than that i think it has real potential

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi adover
    thnks , the image was chosen by the client and he wanted the same, though i had told him the same. thnks for the vlauable opinion

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh am sorry, maybe it was in the process of updating so maybe had gone offline. but its ok now
    www.mauritiusbeachapartments.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahahaa thnx a lot @Crumbles .... u gave me lot of courage