SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Could this be possible?

Ok, I'm trying to make this layout for my site. I want it to be one of those layouts where the whole thing stretches across to fill the screen no matter what resolution it is in.
    Alright, this is the general layout I've got going..

http://www.opticalgn.com/xbox/ninformerclassic.html

If you change your resolution, it stretches across and everything looks fine.
    However, if text is inserted into the middle content area, this it what happens:

http://www.opticalgn.com/xbox/ninformerslide.html

The text continues to push across instead of moving to a new line... very frustrating..

The middle text area has a width of 100%, the left navigation has a width of 150 px and the right navigation a width of 216px.
    So anyways... I want the left navigation (the left grey area) to always have a width of 150px and the right navigation (the right grey area) to always have a width of 216px. The middle navigation should be whatever is left over.
    Is there any way to do this without the text sliding effect, or is this impossible and do I have to optimise the layout for a certain resolution?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it appears that you have out the text as all one string. try and split it up into words
    :

:

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LMAO!! HAhahahahahahahahhahahahaha... I can't believe I did that. I couldn't figure it out.. 3 other so called "HTML Experts" couldn't figure it our either. I was trying to get it to work for like 10 hours...
    Anyways, thanks man.. without you, I'd probably be stuck there for like another 10 hours

lol, I am an idiot..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wot duz LMAO mean?
    :

:

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged