SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I created this site in January of 1999 and since then it has been doing pretty good as of popularity. The site has an excellent overall design I think. However, there are some bad sides to it. Here are some I can think of:

Incompatibility with Netscape
    Large amounts of use of tables (increases load time)

Here are the some html editors I use:

ColdFusion Studio
    Hot Dog Professional
    MS FrontPage 2000 (I know I should use this but sometimes it makes my life a lot easier... then again.. it also messes some codes up)

I would like to get your opinions on what you think of the site and any suggestions on how I can improve the design. I am only 16 years old and other than attending high school, I\'m also an web intern at American Water Works Association.. so you know I don\'t have too much time on my hands. But creating quality websites have always been my goal so I\'m always willing to work to improve the site. Please take a moment to check out the site and share your thoughts.

NOTE: Please visit the site on IE and Netscape before reviewing. You will see the BIG difference.

SITE URL: http://www.desiboyz.net
    Noble Varughese
    President of DesiBoyz Network
    http://www.desiboyz.net

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a pretty nice looking site. You are quite talented for a 16 year old. I hope you know that you have a bright future infront of you.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I visited the site in both IE 4.72 and NN 4.08. In IE it came up fine but for some reason, most of the page did not load in NN. The background came up, as did the logos and banner add at the top, but none of the content or links. I know you said it looked different in NN, but I assume this is not what you meant. At any rate, my comments are based on the IE viewing and focus on the homepage since that is all I have time for right now.

Overall very nice site. LOTS of content and it looks like a lot of interactivity, etc., although I did not visit the chat room, etc., so I can\'t comment on how well they work, but I am very impressed by all the offerings, info, etc. If I were a hip-hop fanatic I would definitely bookmark your site.

Just a couple of \"critical\" comments.

1. On the homepage, there are a couple of broken image links under the \"Recently added albums\" heading.

2. The large, empty teal column at right just doesn\'t seem quite right to me. I realize this is to fill space but still allow the main content to be viewable at low resolutions, but I wonder if you couldn\'t jazz it up by adding some kind of image to that area. Nothing to distracting or of critical content, just eye-candy to counteract the large, emptiness of that area.

3. I like all your various logos, but they are all different. That to me just seems strange. As far as name recognition, I\'d think you\'d want to pick one and stick to it, but I\'m no expert, so this is just one of those thinking outloud comments. Take it or leave it.

Good luck with the site!

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should put a rollovers on the left side.
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sup man. me desi bro too. wanna say that ur site is so so tyte.

U should make it compaible with netscape because allota people on the net use netscpe. there isn;t much i can say abt IE cause it dont work on mine. sorry. but u got a cool mailing list coding.
    Zoeb Abdulla