SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Cool. Sorry to cause alarm, but I thought I'd better let you know.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sort of like the idea you have explained on this thread, but I don't get it at all from reading the first page of the site (which I would not have bothered reading at all except that it is here for review). To me it looks like you either have to already belong to Facebook, Twitter or Google+ to use it, or you have to join - or maybe you will be involuntarily "joined" if you log-in to vote. If you have made a "guest log-in" I don't see it (meaning it hasn't hit me in the eye yet and I've been back a couple of times).

I skimmed your TOS which I might have done if this did not look like a Facebook/Twitter/Google+ member site. It says "steps have been taken" to protect a user's information but you are not responsible if someone else gets it. I don't know what that means as far as protections, and while I understand that databases can be hacked and you wouldn't want to be entirely responsible, it also sounds as if you don't care much if the information gets to third parties. So I would not log in to vote even as a "guest" if I saw that option.

As far as general appearance - to me the red/blue/yellow and gray bars at the top look disembodied from the rest of the site. The top right box repeating "Map Your vote" has impact and is clean and clear. I don't understand why the global map has orange and dark blue areas. (I expect if I read I would find out, but I expect an image like that to have a self-explanatory purpose. My impression is that the geo area served is limited to those dark blue areas.)

As a non-Facebook/Twitter/Google+ user I would not do more than glance at your site before clicking away. If that is OK with you, then I do think you have targeted your audience of Facebook/Twitter/Google+ users.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think You will provide a great security as well , through out your all information. Reb, Blue and Gray bars which giving you the great impact for your website. It would be the best effect on social media networking site people.