SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinterest in Europe Region

Do you know if europian users are using pinterest, and if yes how much?

Is it worth the time to create a new plan exclusive for pinterest marketing for european companies?

Thanks a lot

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a very successful marketer once remarked to me, I pick tools in the first few percent or the last few which is to say, be in something when it's very new and you can make a name for yourself or when it's very mature and a requirement. Pinterest has exploded in the last year but we're still talking about all of 15 million visitors a month.... divide that down to locations and numbers get smaller [200k estimated in the UK as of Feb, 2012] be small but that increases the opportunity within that number.

http://mashable.com/2012/02/14/pinte...d-infographic/
    - Ted S

SitePoint Zealot coloradojaguar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that it would be worth your time. Last month Pinterest was the #3 top referrer site in the US. UK traffic will most likely continue to grow and improve on the site.
    Hosted solutions provider since 1998 - UK, Atlanta, L.A.,
    JaguarPC.com - Managed Hybrid Servers |
    Managed VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a place where your target audience hangs out, then it would be a good use of your time for building your reputation in that social network. Take note: build your reputation. You don't promote stuff right off the bat. You have to interact with people, and share valuable information before you can actually promote your services.
    Are you willing to become an SEO reseller?
    Work with a 100% white label SEO company today!

SitePoint Enthusiast PromptSpace's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wondering, do if and how do web hosts benefit from Pinterest?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradojaguar View Post
    I would say that it would be worth your time. Last month Pinterest was the #3 top referrer site in the US. UK traffic will most likely continue to grow and improve on the site.
    Even if Pinterest is the no.1 top referrer site, it doesn't mean that it will help us. Instead of making profile on every social media sites, it is better to stick with any one or two.
    Of course, pinterest is one of the best site to market, but what if someone has a text-rich site? Anyway having an exclusive strategy for pinterest is a nice idea. Go on with it...
    Recently bought a new blog. Know how to buy and sell blogs

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pinterest seems to be in its infancy at its stage and it would too early to make any form of marketing strategy on such a medium of social media, i would personally suggest that you focus on other forms of social media and other activities since pinterest hasn't attained its true potential.
    for eg- Pinterest Images have not yet been indexed on Google and it is really surprising to see how much of the content is left ignored by Google, I am sure that sooner or later Pinterest will get to a mature stage which would be the right time to get profitable results

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinterest still not proven in Europe

Pinterest may be a huge site in the States but it is a long way from gaining traction in Europe. Many people use it as a display site but the social element of Pinterest hasn't taken off yet. It is also very vulnerable to clone sites eating into its market share. For example, WeHeartIt has been doing Pinterest pinning for much longer. Flickr on the other hand has millions of European users and images hosted there have no copyright problems. For European businesses Flickr is still a much better time investment than Pinterest.

<snip>
    Last edited by Shyflower; Jul 24, 2012 at 04:02. Reason: removed fake signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pinterest is definitely a great tool for exchanging visuals. A pic is worth a 1000 words!

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bramwell View Post
    Pinterest may be a huge site in the States but it is a long way from gaining traction in Europe. Many people use it as a display site but the social element of Pinterest hasn't taken off yet. It is also very vulnerable to clone sites eating into its market share. For example, WeHeartIt has been doing Pinterest pinning for much longer. Flickr on the other hand has millions of European users and images hosted there have no copyright problems. For European businesses Flickr is still a much better time investment than Pinterest.

<snip>
    That's one of the things that have bothered me about pin interest, and I'll admit about Facebook as well. Of course Facebook has the money to fight off any copyright suit (or settle if they want) but I really wonder about Pin Interest. I initially thought it was for folks to post their photos of their interests, but I see more and more posts from PinInterest on Facebook with absolutely no attribution of any kind... pictures I have seen elsewhere and I'm sure they are not posted by the copyright holders. If they are, I have some friends who have a whole lot more talented than I have credited them with.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Switzerland and I use Pinterest everyday. In my country, about 5% of internet users use Pinterest.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atyqinc View Post
    I live in Switzerland and I use Pinterest everyday. In my country, about 5% of internet users use Pinterest.
    Statistics, when backed up by sources, always carry a lot of weight. Where did you find that one?
    Linda Jenkinson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Looking at the infographics, the active users of Pinterest are girls. Well, seems that most of the men spend too much time on Reddit

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Carol View Post
    Pinterest seems to be in its infancy at its stage and it would too early to make any form of marketing strategy on such a medium of social media, i would personally suggest that you focus on other forms of social media and other activities since pinterest hasn't attained its true potential.
    for eg- Pinterest Images have not yet been indexed on Google and it is really surprising to see how much of the content is left ignored by Google, I am sure that sooner or later Pinterest will get to a mature stage which would be the right time to get profitable results
    I have noticed the same. Heard few months back that Pinterest is worth spending your time and working all this time the pictures have not been indexed by Google. Though Traffic do come from it the website, but it hasn't contributed much in sales, and most of my sales from social media sites comes from Facebook.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cisritu View Post
    I have noticed the same. Heard few months back that Pinterest is worth spending your time and working all this time the pictures have not been indexed by Google. Though Traffic do come from it the website, but it hasn't contributed much in sales, and most of my sales from social media sites comes from Facebook.
    Just wondering, is your Facebook page or Twitter account indexed by Google? What about Stumble upon or LinkedIn? Even if you do a Google search for "social media sites" none of them rise to the top. Instead your search results in articles on the top Social media sites. Besides, the photos on Pinterest are already indexed. Where do you think those "interested" people find them to post on their pinterest pages? From looking at some Pinterest pages, it's my hunch that most of them came from other sites.
    Linda Jenkinson