SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get business from Twitter?

How twitter help to grow online business and how to get business from twitter?

. shoooo... silver trophy logic_earth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop using Twitter as part of your business plan. It will never work.
    Forget about using Twitter as part of your business, alright.
    It should only be about communicating with your follows.
    Not for spamming your crap...err...stuff...
    Logic without the fatal effects.
    All code snippets are licensed under WTFPL.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Twitter is a social media platform, like Facebook. You can't really many money from them as such. Social media should be used to engage your on-line audience on deals, promotions, news etc. From this engagement you'd get business. Depending on what you're offering and your social media circle. You should focus on making money from using other methods of advertising, the most effective is word-of-mouth and actively going out getting the word out.

This pretty much sums things up. Hope this helps.
    follow me on ayyelo, Easy WordPress; specializing in setting up themes!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time based.
    Location Based.
    Age Based.
    Category Based.
    User Based twitt can help you.
    Lokesh Singh
    Digital Marketing
    Online Education

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is only social web site like facebook. it is not better for any kind of business.Your business Can flop by using twitter. so don't use twitter for business purpose.it is affair for all businessman.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haoul View Post
    Twitter is only social web site like facebook. it is not better for any kind of business.Your business Can flop by using twitter. so don't use twitter for business purpose.it is affair for all businessman.
    Are you suggesting businesses should not participate in social networks? Whether you join in or not people can and will talk about what you're doing... It's not something you can escape or turn off.
    - Ted S

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you talk about social media, I look at it as something that would enable communication between you, the business owner, and the people who you think are going to avail of your products and/or services, and the people who are already your customers. Yes, it's just that.
    Are you willing to become an SEO reseller?
    Work with a 100% white label SEO company today!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use it for customer support, competitions, events, interesting posts. anything other than salesy stuff. use it to spread the word about your company. people have chosen to follow you, dont bore them with rubbish. they might remember you when they need to buy whatever you sell.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep i am dumbfounded by the amount of usage twitter gets... it will never bring you business. If you look at some of the stats on twitter users you will find it is loaded with young spammers and more spammers doing nothing but running a muck.
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Apr 24, 2012 at 04:59. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a signature

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by realpva View Post
    Yep i am dumbfounded by the amount of usage twitter gets... it will never bring you business. If you look at some of the stats on twitter users you will find it is loaded with young spammers and more spammers doing nothing but running a muck.
    That's simply not true.

There are companies that have driven millions of dollars in direct business from campaigns on twitter.

There are companies that have driven awareness to a whole new market.

There are companies that have drastically reduced their support and internal costs.

Those are all bottom line business drivers.

And remember, a business is not made by sign ups alone. The primary benefit of social networks is the ability to interact with your customers... to educate, help, learn and foster sharing. Word of Mouth has always been the most powerful form of marketing, social simply takes this to a new level.

What social is not is a place to post an ad, set it, and forget it and expect the sales to just roll in.
    - Ted S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting the business from twitter is same like trying to fetch the water from a dried well! So instead try make the right usage of twitter i.e. get the business followers and tweet and share the things with them!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First you need to build Public relation with your users or giant social media users then next step is to do regularly Tweeting about your website or services.Its take time to grow your business through twitter
    Applications Development by Award Winning Agency SocialCubix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i never got any single query from twitter yet after i have done all possibilities.

SitePoint Enthusiast ilovemedia's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is good for making connections with potential customers. But moreso than twitter being some miracle that magically creates business, I would like to add that you need to stay active and responsive. Always update your account with fresh and useful content.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found Twitter to be pretty useless. At the moment.

I am getting customers to tweet that they are using the site. Some do, some don't and it has helped, so far in a small way to reach followers of my followers but I don't invest to much time in it at the moment. I share blog posts or interviews I have on the site and some people come and look, but not very many according to stats.

I feel, to a degree, people/small businesses are just too busy promoting themselves on there.

It's a slow burner. I wouldn't worry to much about getting business from it, it will just frustrate you. Tweet relevant things related to your business. Whether that is directly linked to your site or articles you've found interesting elsewhere. I think that's the way to use it. Engage with people, who want to share the things you say and their followers might find you then.

I haven't found twitter of FB very useful at the moment for the amount of time you have to put in to it. Build it up slowly and eventually you might see a return / your visitors growing..

For me. As above, I just post things every now and then, instead of tearing my hair out focusing on getting more traffic and people from there. My market is brides and the only way I could get brides from twitter is to actually add them as a friend and msg directly, which I am not going to do and is a huge amount of time which would just end up annoying people.

Personally. i think you've just got to build slowly and the goal is to get people to find your site naturally. You can take a horse to water and that's about it

Non-Member
    A-504, Safal Pegasus, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015 IN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you consider only twitter for marketing promotion then you must have long list of following. Purchase any software that help you to add hundreds of follower par day.....

<snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; May 16, 2012 at 02:49. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elitewebdesign View Post
    Purchase any software that help you to add hundreds of follower par day.....
    No software is going to add real followers, so don't waste your time or your money on it. If you want to attract followers, then you need useful and interesting content. There is no shortcut.

SitePoint Enthusiast mackyanderson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steev21 View Post
    How twitter help to grow online business and how to get business from twitter?

Hi Steev21,

Twitter is a good ground for great information. And as you have a business that wants to join twitter, all you can do to contribute and get help also, is to join conversations and answer some question. Doing this may gain an integrity from your business, much more can derive real clients to your business.
    FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER
    Los Angeles Injury Attorneys
    "Effective Lawyering and Proven Results"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first of all, we need to know twitter is a product somhow like a online mass-sms. when we know about it, then, we need to use the sms alike strategy. such as call-to-action message.
    like dell: set up the twitter channel for clearing only the cheap price over stock.
    like airline company: set up the channel for sharing the fun stories during the plane for the crm purpose with passenger.
    like travel agent: set up the channel for announcing the sudden cheap price hotel room and air ticket.

it all needs the commercial value, then, we can use twitter to build our own business.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are people going to understand that not every social network is a good fit for every website?

Twitter tends to work well for getting the word out about a site or product - especially if you're aiming at bloggers, web marketing types and so on. And guess what? Even if they aren't your audience they are a group of people that might write about your product if you approach them right.

By coincidence, I posted earlier about how to use Twitter to engage with other users. Might help you if you're new to Twitter or not having much success with getting followers.
    http://www.geniusstartup.com/cpr-on-...ter-marketing/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is only social web site like facebook. Twitter is good for making connections with potential customers. Always update your account with fresh and useful content.
    Twitter is about relationships. It’s about small communities. Twitter is all about creating followers and keeping those followers. The more followers you or your business has, the more people will talk about you, and about your business and more people see your name more people will follow you.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally, Twitter gives a boost to your online credibility. You can't earn money by using it. Twitter is a social networking website and it only does help to promote your business and increase the traffic of your site, should you regularly send tweets to people with similar interests.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is of no good to business. You can find loads of spammers on twitter sending unwanted links and so there is a high chance that a legitimate and good product/service may also be treated as a spam. Twitter can only help promote your brand but then that would also depend on how effectively you do it. Facebook is more flexible in this context.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though it is said that Twitter can be used as a good marketing tool, I personally found it's a little bit difficult for me. It's mainly because of the 140 characters limitation that I got problem writing content for my business; and since search engines don't crawl links inside social networks, it seems doing no good for my SEO... Whatever, I think the only way to use it should be holding activities (kind of promotion) on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't try to do this or you will lose your *REAL* followers. It was great for business about 1 year ago, but now more than 75% of the twitter users use twitter ONLY for promoting and this won't help you start advertising your website. Just use it as a Social Media site