Hello All,

This is my first post in this forum.

I have the task of editing an existing web page from an embedded design, the web pages are identical to a normal except for the server side scripting is slightly different.

The problem I'm facing (and I'm not a web developer so please bear with me), is the existing page just had forms submitted with buttons but some things should not be submitted so easily as bad things can happen. I would like to have a submit button that calls a java script the asks if this is what they really want to do then depending upon that answer continue or throw away the request.
I have tried a few things already but can't seem to get it to work. I tried using the java submit method but it never submitted anything.

Basically I'm asking what is the best way to approach this, is it a mixture of HTML and Java or pure java?
Not looking for a hand out here, I want to understand what it is I'm doing but a few examples would be helpful.

Btw The first part I'm working on is a group of 5 radio buttons with a submit button that calls a java script to confirm the request.

Thanks