SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choosing an Ad Size... Is it the Right Time?

Hello!

Well, I'm happy to say that following a lot of the advice from my last thread, I've slowly scraped out a much better cash situation for my business. Freed up a lot of time and stress, and have decent money coming in.

So I was seriously considering to put some of my business's new-found savings toward advertising. Up until now, all of my incoming work has been from consistent referrals and going door-to-door making meetings with ad agencies and others. I'd like to see if a well-placed advertisement could multiply my effort.

I do photography of architecture and interior designs. In Trinidad there is a "source book" of resources specific to that industry published annually, sort of like a yellow pages of contractors, material suppliers, photographers, etc. so I think an ad in there would be well-targeted for the work I'm trying to get.

So here's the problem. Their ads are pricey.

So my question is, is there any realistic value in opting for a larger, but more expensive, ad size over a smaller one? Like in your experiences, would any of you consider it worth it?

OR, is this not the right time to advertise, and I should stick to doing door-to-door for now. How do you decide when is the right time?
    Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I figured to just go for it, but with a smaller size, seeing as I'm testing the waters. Man, I hope this works.
    Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse