SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68

Thread: Facebook Like?

  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    4812 Wines Lane Houston, TX 77063
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Facebook Like?

    Is there a way for me to get more facebook like?

  2. #2
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Create more things people are interested in and find ways to get it infront of them. The user will take care of the rest...
    - Ted S

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela21 View Post
    Is there a way for me to get more facebook like?
    Promote your Facebook page over other relevant Face book pages, so that people from those face book pages can also Like your page, this is one of the best and the most quickest way to get a good number of likes over your page. Besides that, you also need to entertain people by sharing different useful information, posts and pictures in order to get a good number of likes.

    However if you are looking forward towards getting a good amount of Facebook likes without much efforts than you can hire a SMM for this job, as they know how to get this job done in the smallest interval of time.

  4. #4
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it engaged and active.. keep posting relevant stuff considering the interest of your existing fans. If they like what you posting they will share and chances of getting your content viral.

  5. #5
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you plan to buy bunch of likes, don't go for it. Google can detect the likes are manufactured and it really won't help you much.

  6. #6
    SitePoint Guru bronze trophy TheRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    710
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inflexi View Post
    If you plan to buy bunch of likes, don't go for it. Google can detect the likes are manufactured and it really won't help you much.
    And how exactly does Google fit into Social Media?
    TheRaptor - Joe

  7. #7
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRaptor View Post
    And how exactly does Google fit into Social Media?
    As far as this forum goes, it doesn't. Because here we are talking about Social Media content for humans, not for Google. (I know YOU knew that, I just wanted to make sure everyone else knows it, too. )
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  8. #8
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Be Different Do Different " this famous quote will help you definitely because it is one of the way that people show interest towards your post..The summary of the post is the most important thing to keep in mind ,this avoids the skipping of your post.

  9. #9
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRaptor View Post
    And how exactly does Google fit into Social Media?
    There is no shortcut for building social media which would be fit into Google . Relationships must be built organically no auto-follow scams and should be backed up with real contacts, share interests and promote your brand.

  10. #10
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inflexi View Post
    There is no shortcut for building social media which would be fit into Google . Relationships must be built organically no auto-follow scams and should be backed up with real contacts, share interests and promote your brand.
    Which is the purpose of this forum. So we can turn the conversation away from Search Engines and towards the people who make Social Media work. I believe that may have been the point of TheRaptor's question to you. If Google doesn't fit (and it doesn't) then why discuss it, especially in a forum that's for people and not Search engines.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  11. #11
    SitePoint Member Frank-Punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask your friends and family to like your page, ask your followers on twitter if you still want more use some social exchange website for gaining more likes.

  12. #12
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank-Punk View Post
    if you still want more use some social exchange website for gaining more likes.

    Again I'll ask the simple question... to what end? Aside from getting a bigger number [and a lower overall engagement rate] what's the benefit to you or your community?
    - Ted S

  13. #13
    SitePoint Member Frank-Punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    Again I'll ask the simple question... to what end? Aside from getting a bigger number [and a lower overall engagement rate] what's the benefit to you or your community?
    There is no benefit expect you look more popular. Don't know about you but when I start promoting a facebook page I would like to have at least 100 likes, even though they are fake, its way better then having 0 likes. People tend to be attracted to popularity even if they have little idea about that specific thing they are liking and this is very true, especially on facebook. 2 exact funny photos can get very different number of likes on facebook, one could get 0 and the other one could get 1000 just because a couple of guys found it funny at the right moment and liked it.

  14. #14
    Non-Member traveloworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela21 View Post
    Is there a way for me to get more facebook like?
    Add more friends on facebook and suggest the page which u wanna promote. this is the easiest way to increase the facebook like!

  15. #15
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Create a lot of friends .If you have huge friend list you can easily get more likes.And join different kinds of groups.If you have a good topic then create a group and invite friends and share your page url and tell them like your page.By following this tips you can get more likes.

  16. #16
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could buy likes but these would be no use what so ever (they will be mostly fake). Whats more important is people interacting with your posts & activity i.e. comments

  17. #17
    It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    ralph.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    24,167
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank-Punk View Post
    There is no benefit expect you look more popular. Don't know about you but when I start promoting a facebook page I would like to have at least 100 likes, even though they are fake, its way better then having 0 likes. People tend to be attracted to popularity even if they have little idea about that specific thing they are liking and this is very true, especially on facebook. 2 exact funny photos can get very different number of likes on facebook, one could get 0 and the other one could get 1000 just because a couple of guys found it funny at the right moment and liked it.
    But in the end, where does this popularity (in terms of likes) get you? Does it translate to more business? I read recently (can't seem to find the link) that hunting for likes is the wrong approach from a business point of view. Rather than have a like button on your site, focus your visitors more on sharing your content on Facebook ... so that friends see a bit more of your content and actually value the content / product, rather than being impressed by likes and then forgetting about you.

  18. #18
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way is to ask your friends to like it and make sure that the content is really catch so that their are chances of making it go viral.

  19. #19
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many ways to get many likes on your facebook posts. I would like to list it here... Here it starts

    1. Facebook users are more interested in images than in text.
    So try to add more relevant and funny images regarding what you are planning to promote. I swear... it will get ,more likes.

    2. Girls account get more likes.
    I know one guy who created a fake facebook account of a girl in order to get more like to promote his blog.

    3. Stop spamming and add value
    If you keep on spam with links, you can see that people would not be interested to check it out... But if you are more interactive then people will click or like whatever you do on facebook.

  20. #20
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahzad Saeed View Post
    2. Girls account get more likes.
    I know one guy who created a fake facebook account of a girl in order to get more like to promote his blog.

    3. Stop spamming and add value
    If you keep on spam with links, you can see that people would not be interested to check it out... But if you are more interactive then people will click or like whatever you do on facebook.
    Your advice would seem to be at odds.
    - Ted S

  21. #21
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahzad Saeed View Post
    There are many ways to get many likes on your facebook posts. I would like to list it here... Here it starts


    2. Girls account get more likes.
    I know one guy who created a fake facebook account of a girl in order to get more like to promote his blog.
    Sorry, but we just don't recommend black hat tactics here. Creating a fake Facebook Account, or for that matter, more than one personal account, can get you banned from Facebook.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  22. #22
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my understanding, Google can't tell how many facebook likes you have anyway. All they can tell is how many people are linking to you from facebook. The only thing a large number of likes does for you (other than give you an ego boost), is that it helps create a "bandwagon" effect. The more likes you have, the more people will click to see what everybody likes so much.

  23. #23
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymack View Post
    The only thing a large number of likes does for you (other than give you an ego boost), is that it helps create a "bandwagon" effect. The more likes you have, the more people will click to see what everybody likes so much.
    How do you figure? Again I'll point out that nearly every [over 9 in 10] interactions to a facebook page is via the wall which does not show any counts. You don't see how many people like a brand unless you go looking... At which point it's certainly going to add some validation but if your page is otherwise empty, posts unresponded too and a boring page, having 500,000 "likes" won't change the perception.
    - Ted S

  24. #24
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2 different things?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    How do you figure? Again I'll point out that nearly every [over 9 in 10] interactions to a facebook page is via the wall which does not show any counts. You don't see how many people like a brand unless you go looking... At which point it's certainly going to add some validation but if your page is otherwise empty, posts unresponded too and a boring page, having 500,000 "likes" won't change the perception.
    We may be talking about two different things here. If I (or someone else) posts a link to my website on my/their facebook wall and it gets "liked," those likes definitely show up with a link count. If they "like" my website on the actual website's page, that also posts to their wall and the number of likes will show up there if other people then "like" that link to the page. They also show up on the wall of everyone who "liked" it with link counts.

    You are right, though, that it doesn't show how many people liked a brand - just the number of people who liked a link pointing to a page. And, as you rightly point out, people who like a particular brand's page will have a like count on that particular page. Some people, because of the bandwagon effect, will visit a webpage, see a ton of likes and assume it must be a good place because of a high number of likes. Many will "like" it, as well, simply because it seems to be the thing to do. Unlike me, quite a few people are very liberal with their "likes."

  25. #25
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymack View Post
    We may be talking about two different things here. If I (or someone else) posts a link to my website on my/their facebook wall and it gets "liked," those likes definitely show up with a link count. If they "like" my website on the actual website's page, that also posts to their wall and the number of likes will show up there if other people then "like" that link to the page. They also show up on the wall of everyone who "liked" it with link counts.

    You are right, though, that it doesn't show how many people liked a brand - just the number of people who liked a link pointing to a page. And, as you rightly point out, people who like a particular brand's page will have a like count on that particular page. Some people, because of the bandwagon effect, will visit a webpage, see a ton of likes and assume it must be a good place because of a high number of likes. Many will "like" it, as well, simply because it seems to be the thing to do. Unlike me, quite a few people are very liberal with their "likes."
    Sounds like we're on a similar page... The majority of the posts to the thread seem to be about getting page likes but I'd absolutely agree that getting interactions with a specific item is a good thing.
    - Ted S


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •