SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant Access Old mySql Databases After Plesk Install

I installed plesk control panel 10 few days ago on a IIS 7 machine. During the install it has installed mysql 5.1. which i can access via phpmysql via plesk control panel.

Problem is I had another copy pf mysql 4.1 installed on the server before I have installed plesk. And that had some database I need to have access.
    Currently phpMyAdmin isnt allowing me access the older version.

Any way I could get access to the databases that was in the other version of mySql?

From space with love silver trophy
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the old 4.1 install get overwritten/upgraded or was the 5.1 install a separate install?
    Community Team Advisor
    Forum Guidelines: Posting FAQ Signatures FAQ Self Promotion FAQ
    Help the Mods: What's Fluff? Report Fluff/Spam to a Moderator

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi Webcosmo,

You may be able to use another tool like MySQL Workbench or Older MySQL Admin to access your 4.1 Db. Keep in mind that to run both databases you need to configure PHP to understand this as a rule:

• As you can have only one service binded to any service your databases are likely both set to use port 3308. You will have to set an alternate port for 4.1 and 5.2
    • .MySQL 5.2 uses different libraries than MySQL 4.1. Do you have the DLLs configured for both Databases. If you upgraded to PHP 5.3 (during the Plesk install) then this could be causing your issue as MySQL 4.1 uses PHP's LibMysql and PHP 5.3 dropped this for mysqlnd (see Configuring PHP with MySQL for Apache 2 or IIS in Windows) for details on this.

Regards,
    Steve
    ictus==""

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ServerStorm View Post
    Hi Webcosmo,

You may be able to use another tool like MySQL Workbench or Older MySQL Admin to access your 4.1 Db. Keep in mind that to run both databases you need to configure PHP to understand this as a rule:

• As you can have only one service binded to any service your databases are likely both set to use port 3308. You will have to set an alternate port for 4.1 and 5.2
    • .MySQL 5.2 uses different libraries than MySQL 4.1. Do you have the DLLs configured for both Databases. If you upgraded to PHP 5.3 (during the Plesk install) then this could be causing your issue as MySQL 4.1 uses PHP's LibMysql and PHP 5.3 dropped this for mysqlnd (see Configuring PHP with MySQL for Apache 2 or IIS in Windows) for details on this.

Regards,
    Steve
    Steve,
    This is bit over my head actually. I am a programmer, not a server guy, so I have somewhat limited skills on servers.

I have installed softsonic mysql administrator, but that doesnt seem to allow me access any of the mysql databases.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After trying for a while I was able to login to the mysql server used by plesk with:
    host: 127.0.0.1
    port: 8306

however still I cant get in the old mysql.

Twitter: @TimIgoe silver trophy TimIgoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It'll probably be a case of stopping the new mysql server (via Windows Services) and then starting the old one if it still exists (again in services) just as a short term thing to allow you to do a mysql dump so you can then swap the servers around again and import the data inot the new one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimIgoe View Post
    It'll probably be a case of stopping the new mysql server (via Windows Services) and then starting the old one if it still exists (again in services) just as a short term thing to allow you to do a mysql dump so you can then swap the servers around again and import the data inot the new one.
    Thats an idea. Unfortunately the older version doesnt seem to exist.
    Since I can login using the mysql administrator, and I dont see the old databases my guess is plesk has deleted the old databases! I have asked them, but no answer.

Twitter: @TimIgoe silver trophy TimIgoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You could (its not recommended but its possible) find the data from the old version, and dump the data files into the new ones data folder, it *should* then be able to read them for you.

It should have left the data on the disk still.

As i said, not recommended but it might work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the files after lot of searching. The folder with the files were hidden.