Thread: Renew domain.

Hybrid View

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renew domain.

I purchased a domain trhough some web designer two years back. Now I want to pay for the domain myself and renew it. As that person is demanding too much money. How to find out where was the domain purchased from and how to renew it? Is there some password or something?

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You can use a service such as domaintools.com to check the registration details. However, if the designer has registered the domain in his own name, there is probably not much you can do about it.
    Take plenty of exercise walk round and round the garden
    or

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many people do this mistake letting somebody else own and manage their domains. They dont realize how important it is, until they got hit with a trouble.

First thing is check whose name is the domain on. Use site like whois.sc etc
    Then ask the designer if he can transfer the domain to your account. This process might be require some technical knowledge, u might need some tech help on this, but nothing complicated.
    If the designer doesnt want to transfer you should check out the contracts see if there is anything that says about the ownership of your business website and related. If you have the right on those, you could consult a lawyer for this.

But I am pretty sure he would transfer it, its very common practice developer maintain the domain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opportunist86 View Post
    As that person is demanding too much money.
    It seems domain is on his name. You can check all the domain details through this link http://centralops.net/co/DomainDossier.aspx

Good luck
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Jun 18, 2012 at 01:58. Reason: URL delinkified