Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One AS3 dynamic Template with MS SQL

Hi to all,

I got a tricky question about AS3 and MS SQL (via Classic ASP)

Would it be possible to make a one template (one template only) in AS3 then dynamically load data from the MS SQL database?

So here is the scenario that what i want to happen.

One template > one dynamic textfield in flash that loads the data from the MS SQL database BUT from there, buttons from previous this (sample buttons > canned goods, dry goods ) when user clicks canned goods, the dynamic texfield will display the canned goods only and when user click dry goods, so on. BUT note, this is only a one template Flash AS3 template.

Would that be possible?

Any ideas on how should the AS3 or the ASP side should start of?

Need your expert advise.

Thanks and more power!

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you can.
    -Send user selection to an ASP page which will use the info to query the database.
    -Assemble the results into a querystring and redirect back to the template page with the querystring
    -The template page will read the querystring data to build the final output to the end user.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webber123456 View Post
    I believe you can.
    -Send user selection to an ASP page which will use the info to query the database.
    -Assemble the results into a querystring and redirect back to the template page with the querystring
    -The template page will read the querystring data to build the final output to the end user.
    Thanks for the idea.

But would it be possible someone here that has or had a guide just a simple template. from AS3 textfield to ASP to MS SQL database then return back to AS3 textfiled with the data from the database?

Please? a start would be good enough for me as a reference.

Thanks again.