SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is not a particular number of writing blogs in a week.I don't know why you have asked this question.If you are new first thing to be kept in mind is you have a handful of good article to post and then you can on average start writing 2-3 articles or more(depends on your capacity). It depends on the quality you provide not quantity.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agreed with all the above participant in this discussion.... But I think, in blog posting or content sharing is purely depends on your quality and fresh content or material . You just need to depends on quality not quantity.... then you can get reasonable response from your post.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I write 1 article a week for my blog, but an article is about 700 words and it takes me about an hour.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atyqinc View Post
    I write 1 article a week for my blog, but an article is about 700 words and it takes me about an hour.
    I guess if you are talking about "generating posts", that would work. However, if you are talking about writing guality-oriented, creative, interesting, and engaging posts, IMO one hour is not nearly enough time to fine-tune 700 words.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends. but i always suggest to generate relevant posts. i usually post 4 to 5 times in a week

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    I guess if you are talking about "generating posts", that would work. However, if you are talking about writing guality-oriented, creative, interesting, and engaging posts, IMO one hour is not nearly enough time to fine-tune 700 words.
    No I don't generate post, it takes me an hour, but many times.
    For example: Monday an hour, save the article and continue it tuesday...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now I am writing 1 post in every 2/3 days.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Note: This thread isn't about how many posts anyone posts in a week. The definitive word for discussion is "should". If you can't add to the discussion, at least with a reason why you post as many times as you do, please refrain from posting in this thread.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dependant on the site and the type of content on the site really. I host a family run Photography company and it doesnt make sense to update it more than once a week when portfolios and the blog of the last week are updated.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laney69er View Post
    Dependant on the site and the type of content on the site really. I host a family run Photography company and it doesnt make sense to update it more than once a week when portfolios and the blog of the last week are updated.
    Thank you. That is exactly true. Additionally, those who post more than once a day or several times a week should be aware of the time constraints of their followers. I used to have a dozen blogs in my feed reader. Some of them would post multiple times a day and keeping up became such a pain, that I simply quite following them. It was somewhat like shopping at the old K-Mart blue light specials. This hour one thing was for sale and next hour another thing would be for sale. I never did want to spend my whole day at K-Mart and I don't want to spend my whole day checking on someone's new "bright idea" for their blog.
    Linda Jenkinson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i d say 1 article / blog entry every business day if you want to keep your visitors hooked. They should develop a habbit of "make a coffee, read a blog". And people tend to have coffee every day at least once =)

Regardless of how many articles you write only >10% of it will become awesome/super popular/quoted and 90% will be "just ok". At least thats how it works for most bloggers i know =) But you need lots of quality content for a successful launch.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should post only if we have something worth posting. There is no meaning in posting unnecessary stuff daily just to fill out space.
    However, sometimes it also depends on the type of blog. Especially, technology related blogs have to post few times every day to keep their readers up to date.
    But for others like us i guess one meaningful post a week is sufficient.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When people started using rss to read blogs, I had about 12 of them that I marked to read every day. Those that had multiple daily posts, I soon replaced on my list. I just didn't have time to read every !PROFOUND! idea that some blogger came up with, no matter how smart or witty they were. I don't think that anyone needs to make more than one blog post per day and sometimes that is even too many. I like your first sentence and unless you are posting about iPhones and Apple comes out with a new one mid-day (and it could happen), there is no reason you can't save for tomorrow what you think of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenbolt View Post
    We should post only if we have something worth posting. There is no meaning in posting unnecessary stuff daily just to fill out space.
    However, sometimes it also depends on the type of blog. Especially, technology related blogs have to post few times every day to keep their readers up to date.
    But for others like us i guess one meaningful post a week is sufficient.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for me, the ideal is one per day. But I know it would be hard for people who have a lot of things to do since maintaining a blog requires the time to write unique contents. In this case, you can probably post 2-3 articles a week, or a minimum of 1 a week. As long as you are posting and keeping your contents up to date, your blog should do fine.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends on the type of business and type of client/reader. Quality is far more important than quantity - it's no good having lots of post but no readers!

Generally speaking I suggest to clients one quality post per week is adequate, and to deliver it on the same day / time each week. You want to get people to expect it and be ready for it. Depending on your business; 2 weekly or monthly might be more appropriate, but the same rules apply. Remember, you're not the only thing in your readers life's - so when you do connect, make it relevant and powerful... not just a quantity game.

Always start out how you intend to carry on; one quality post per week can be more than enough for both reader & writer.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a side note: I use my Facebook Business page as a mini-blog... on that I post 3 times per week; mon, wed, fri - all around the same times... and I average 7% to 10% of the audience 'liking' any particular post.

Keeping the quality up on a regular basis takes some work... again; start out how you intend to carry on. Overloading yourself and your readers in the short term; can kill both in the long term.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Millar View Post
    Overloading yourself and your readers in the short term; can kill both in the long term.
    Hold that thought! It's a keeper.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For new blog, I update one post at least for one week. I will update at any time I feel free for my personal blog.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like a good strategy is to "stockpile" articles. Queue up future articles so that you allows have at least a few scheduled for the future. This will allow you to stay on schedule even if something comes up or you just cant get yourself to write for a day or 2. Then if you can write a handful of articles the next day or 2 just queue even more. I always try to keep my articles ahead of me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rb-james View Post
    I feel like a good strategy is to "stockpile" articles. Queue up future articles so that you allows have at least a few scheduled for the future. This will allow you to stay on schedule even if something comes up or you just cant get yourself to write for a day or 2. Then if you can write a handful of articles the next day or 2 just queue even more. I always try to keep my articles ahead of me.
    If you're hard writer, dude. Sometimes I get articles from other site then update to my blog and indicate the source too. That's the lazy way

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seoapprentice View Post
    If you're hard writer, dude. Sometimes I get articles from other site then update to my blog and indicate the source too. That's the lazy way
    Unless you have permission from the 'other site', even if you 'indicate the source', that's plagiarism and we don't promote that here.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you have permission from the 'other site', even if you 'indicate the source', that's plagiarism and we don't promote that here.
    I don't understand. Someone do a free advertising for their post and they don't get it? Maybe you don't like free gift Shyflower My indication is domain with link back to the source.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't understand. Someone do a free advertising for their post and they don't get it? Maybe you don't like free gift Shyflower My indication is domain with link back to the source.
    It isn't a gift to steal my work without my permission to use it. Every web owner has the right to choose where their work is published. To steal something and think you are doing a favor for your victim is just backwards.

If it was a real gift, you'd make sure that the recipient agreed to accept it. Plagiarism is not only plain bad business, it is illegal and a good way to find yourself in a court of law.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't a gift to steal my work without my permission to use it. Every web owner has the right to choose where their work is published. To steal something and think you are doing a favor for your victim is just backwards.

If it was a real gift, you'd make sure that the recipient agreed to accept it. Plagiarism is not only plain bad business, it is illegal and a good way to find yourself in a court of law.
    So all websites are running and webmasters are writers who always have ideas for new posts to update the sites? As you said, do you mean: if you're good in something, don't do it for free? If it is what you mean about, I can agree with you.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So all websites are running and webmasters are writers who always have ideas for new posts to update the sites? As you said, do you mean: if you're good in something, don't do it for free? If it is what you mean about, I can agree with you.
    No, a lot of webmasters are not writers and they pay people like me to write their content for them. They don't much like it when other people steal what they have paid for. Some of us, when we are good in something get paid for doing it. Stealing isn't a high-paying job.

As someone who has SEO in their user name, it's pretty basic to know how Search Engines view duplicate web content. You are certainly doing no one, including yourself, a favor by scraping another site's content.

So cut the sarcasm. You are flat out wrong about what plagiarism is, what the penalties are, and trying to justify it is ridiculous.
    Linda Jenkinson