SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Twitter or facebook? both are top site in social networking but i will prefer facebook. twitter is micro blogging site and facebook is big social networking site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are both excellent platforms but different in many ways, i would recommend using both especially for business.

<snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Jul 2, 2012 at 07:50. Reason: Please use a real signature

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    seems there is nothing new to add to this discussion as it's coming around to "I prefer... for business and I prefer ... for personal.

Thread closed.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    You may have asked instead, "Which do you prefer, apples or oranges?" They're both fruits, but one is quite different from the other.
    I think that comparison is inaccurate. Apples and oranges have far greater similarities than Facebook and Twitter do. Perhaps comparing Apples and Coffee would be a more accurate comparison as they have about as much in common as Facebook and Twitter and make the fact that they serve entirely different purposes and that which you prefer at a particular point in time will depend on what you need.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a marketing point of view I think both are Important!

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    I think that comparison is inaccurate. Apples and oranges have far greater similarities than Facebook and Twitter do. Perhaps comparing Apples and Coffee would be a more accurate comparison as they have about as much in common as Facebook and Twitter and make the fact that they serve entirely different purposes and that which you prefer at a particular point in time will depend on what you need.
    As I said, apples and oranges "are both fruits, but one is quite different from the other." Twitter and Facebook are both Social sites, but I did acknowledge that one is different from the other. In fact, my post went on to say,

If you are using either for business promotion, you need to judge each of them on the particular merits they offer to your business, not the businesses of others. What do you expect to achieve in using Social Media for business and what tools do both of them offer that will help you to achieve your objective?
    Oddly enough, I thought I closed this thread in the post directly above yours since the thread has degenerated into "X is my favorite" and "Y is my favorite" and the OP has not returned to take part in the discussion.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown