User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google domain token

Good day,

I have just changed the company where my domain is hosted.
    The former provider configurated Google Apps for me to use e-mail. Now, the new hosting company is asking me for my domain verification toke, a string starting with google-site-verification and followed by 43 characters.

Could you please let me know how can I find it?, and also, what is the idea of this string?

Thanks a lot!!!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy chris.upjohn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If your managing the website there is no reason for the hosting company to ask you for the website verification number as you can validate it yourself, simply go to http://www.google.com/webmasters/ and sign in then under the sites list select the site your managing. Usually Google will tell you straight away whether you need to re-validate the website URL in which it gives you a token you can use in the form of an HTML meta tag, a CNAME DNS reference for the domain or verification via Google Analytics.

Hope that helps.
    Blog/Portfolio | Evolution Xtreme | DFG Design | DFG Hosting | CSS-Tricks | Stack Overflow | Paul Irish
    Having lame problems with your code? Let us help by using a jsFiddle

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot!

I did what you said, I validated the website and Google gave me a file named google-site-verification and a code for me to save in my website root.

Could you please let me know what to do with it regarding HTML meta tag and CNAME DNS?

Thanks again!!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy chris.upjohn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you used the HTML file method and validated the site then you don't need to do anything else.
    Blog/Portfolio | Evolution Xtreme | DFG Design | DFG Hosting | CSS-Tricks | Stack Overflow | Paul Irish
    Having lame problems with your code? Let us help by using a jsFiddle

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, thanks a lot!!!