SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Review my new .org website

Hi friends... I am the designer and author for www.freewebsite2u.org . It mainly contains website-ideas, seo tips, free website providers details, and more....

I am requesting you that, please review my website design and give your valuable suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there,

To start with good note, I really liked the overall layout of the page. Specially the rotating circles as I move down the page. The background color is totally apt with the theme.

Coming to improvement area: You need to put in extra effort for more content. I would really love to read more on tech and other similar content that you have posted. Also, try to include the links/reference for the news such as what's your source for "INDIAN court orders ISPs to block music pirating sites". How reliable is the news? In order to answer such questions, you may need to provide some links to official news articles.
    Also, the logo on top near the banner, which says Tested Approved, - what does that mean? Is it some third party verification about your site being clean?

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by dss1990; Jun 2, 2012 at 07:10. Reason: Spelling mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Prasanthsvvsn,
    1. First of all you need to increase left indent and move the "tested" hyperlink more to right.
    2. After clicking on tested it opens a jpg image of the graphics 'tested' but before doing so it created an impression that its taking me to some other web site, that is its misleading, so either you connect this image to any real testing or verifying site or just remove the image hyperlink.
    3. Your 'RSS' get very much neglected, don't mind my words but this is what it make impression to me when I found it at the bottom right corner with so little icon.

Anyway, Friend you have done a great job bringing so much useful information at a single point.

Thank you,

mfdk37

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    This is one of the best websites among all.
    Prove it. (Comments like that are meaningless unless you give a reason for it, or some kind of justification.)

OK, so you explain basically what the site is for on the home page. So what should I do next? How can I use the site? How does it work? What will it do for me? It's not really clear. "A free organization for sharing." So who shares? You? Or the visitor too? It's good to make this clear up front.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey bro, I am just sharing my personal opinion here. Not to hurt you or underestimate you or your site. These are not even advices. Just some honest view or opinion and what I think about your beautiful website.
    Before I start I must say I like the information of your website. very informative.

Layout – nice but I think you can work on it. you can have better arrangements of your boxes.

Logo - good but I guess you need a better one. You can use some free software to design logos. Or you can even logo making websites to generate good logos.
    Banner – you can use a banner on the top and then use your H1.
    Favicon – its better if you have a unique favicon. It will help your bookmark.
    Color Combination – good but your links need a different color. Users must understand where to click. Head links need a different color. Light blue or light green or light orange can change over all look of your site.
    Your meta title is too long as well as your head. Better give some attention on meta.
    Overall nice job. Most important think about your site is – informative and useful.
    Good luck brother.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its alright but I don't think I would use it unless...yeah, I probably wouldn't. Doesn't appeal to my eyes. I like something clean and not so busy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <title>FULLY FREE TRAINING ONLINE WEBSITE MAKING AND SEO LEARNING</title>

note: between website and making you have a double space (otherwise 58
    characters including spaces in the title)

<META CONTENT='So many people are submitting their website for design/content
    reviews. From that any one can see their sites and give suggestions in
    comment-box. So that you can get a lot of ideas on content and designs of
    the websites.' NAME='description'></META>

Your description has over 150 characters (which is the maximum that Google
    allows)
    See: Site Title and Description
    http://support.google.com/webmasters...n&answer=35624
    -
    You may want to look at some free website templates to use
    http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/
    http://www.freetemplatesonline.com/
    http://www.freewebsitetemplatez.com/
    -
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon
    Many good Free Tutorials at:
    http://freetutorials.name

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free templates can be manipulated and cleaned a bit. There was a site that I helped with that is from a template. Check it out here if you would like to see it. <snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Jun 14, 2012 at 09:34. Reason: Self-promotional link removed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off I was in IE9 when I wrote this review.
    *I did not see a logo and I'm thinking you could really use one. Logos make your site look better, more proffesional, and help communicate your sites purpose/subject.
    *I really liked that the first thing I saw "How to create a free website" told me exactly what your website was about. This is something a lot of sites do not do well.
    *When you hover over your links (Home, Websites & Traffic, etc) you get a gray background against black text. This was a bit hard on the eyes and not very visually appealing. I think these buttons could look much better if you applied some more advanced css rules, gradients or something.
    *When you hover over the articles, the blue circles turn gray. I don't really get why? Also what are the blue circles for? It may be more interesting to have an iamge here related to your content. This would add color and really spice up your site.
    * It also seemed like clicking the mains tabs did not change the active tab (gray background). The gray background was always on home, even if I went to the other pages.
    * All your pages (in the main nav bar) seemed to be the same. Is this a bug in IE9?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The logo on the right is overlapping the navigation bar. It is also a bit generic. The font/sizing/color of the header is not very appealing and there needs to be a margin or padding between the text and the left side of the page.

The navigation text links should be uniform, either all of them caps or none of them in caps.

The footer with the multicolored url and scrolling text looks very amateurish.

I like the circle thumbnails and the layout of the article summaries, could do without the movement in the thumbnail images.

Make sure the capitalization in the headlines is uniform.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2/10

nothing more to say that already been said.
    still the same errors this looks unfinnished.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi. i like the overall layout of the site. i only have a couple of suggestions. 1. the image at the top needs the background erased so that the white backing is not covering your text...or if you are unable to do that, then maybe move it up some. 2. the thumbnail graphics that you use to the right at first appear to match the topic of that section, but then they lose me later on because there appears to be no rhyme or reason to their use. i am not a website reader, but instead a skimmer, so that is just a suggestion from someone like me.
    other than that, i think it looks really good. it is easy to read and again, the layout is well done.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like the overall layout of the page
    i think that banner can stand out more
    also the tabs kind of bland with everything else
    but like I sad overall well done

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello every one. Thanks for your valuable feedback on my website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The front page looks nice. You have a capitalization issue with most of the titles. They should be either all proper case (preferred) or sentence case. Most of the titles have a mix of the two.

I clicked through to the 19 Handsome Places To Create a Free web site page. Each of the listings is formatted differently. They have different font sizes, weights, emphasis and colors. Be consistent. I didn't look under the hood, but I assume that you are not using CSS classes for styling. If true, that's a big mistake.

Also, the titles should be consistent. Some of them start with http, others start with www. I'd remove the "http://".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I like the start. I have to say, being a print designer trying to break into this web game <snip>...WordPress has offered nice clean layouts for free and premium themes are cheap!! www.themeforest.net
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Aug 10, 2012 at 09:00. Reason: Please don't promote your own site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the design could be spruced up a bit, but content-wise it is really usefull actually.