SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you believe that only people from the developing countries will get this kind of benefit? I mean earning through freelancing? I think 1k/month for people in the developing countries already means a lot to them but this just means that less work is available for westerners.

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, that's the opposite of what I meant. There are freelancers all around the world. There's never a shortage in demand of quality work.
    Saul

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried freelancing for a bit, I just couldnt compete with some of prices other people were willing to work for

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great discussion!! It's true that the prices they are paying are sometimes ridiculus! It's like asking you to do it for free. I had the bumped into the same situation when i started freelancing. I began by making profiles in several freelance bidding sites and the case was the same in all. Freelancers from countries with lower GDP or more experienced freelancers won all the projects i was intrested in. The one that made the difference for me was Peopleperhour.com, the one i still use to work. Peopleperhour is a bit different cause most of the clients and sellers are from UK,Europe and US, so you can actually get work and get paid for it. Also, i started with Hourlies, Peopleperhour's new service. With Hourlies, you can decide what service you are offering, when can you deliver and at what price you are doing it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Nice post danai_p! Welcome to Sitepoint and keep valued post coming !
    ictus==""

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried a freelance writing. If you have decent skills you can get not bad money at this field.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Thanks Miller76, do you care to expand on what makes different desired writing skills and what is your definition of not bad money (In general not your personal terms)?
    ictus==""

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually i logged into so many online earning sites, but not one is fare. How can i found the right one. I am an SEO Consultant from Bangalore.

Can anyone help me, how can i get projects?
    Last edited by ServerStorm; Aug 13, 2012 at 06:16.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi TomB! I agreed the buyer are not giving the money that they should be given to us, to me actually they post the jobs for poor country people like India not for US people because they can't people in us for these projects that's why they hire only Indian and Pakistani people to give project. The link of elance you shared in this post, If you notice there are 7 proposals and all of them from inida.
    Last edited by michellevelasqu; Aug 14, 2012 at 20:07. Reason: spell mistake

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally know some professional web developers and webmasters who work freelance full time. They were hired at this certain site that was able to give them full time work over the web. As far as I know, they are still making good money even though they are working remotely. I actually like it that way than it is for them to get hired on those contract only sites where they just bid to get some work.

I think it's just a matter of staying on top of the competition and being true to the profile you build. Your reputation builds up when you continue to make excellent work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, Its hardest to make money from freelance but not impossible because many of the guys are earning from freelance.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem with freelancing is payment you don't amount of money you deserve

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I guess this discussion has run its course.
    Thread closed.