Hi there, I'm new to the forum and this is my first reply to anyone
I looked at your site and if I would be you I would change the green link text to blue. In my opinion link color should always be blue, but of course someone else might think differently. The green you have chosen for the links is also a bit hard to read.
What I would like to see on your page would be a small text so I could easily understand what your site is for. Is your site just a place where people can put their ad?
I liked your design. It was easy to navigate. I also liked your colors and logo was nice. So your design is good, but I didn't get the idea of your site. Content is nicely in different categories, but maybe there could be different categories for different countries. It isn't good for anyone that there are people who advertise some stuff in hawaii and some people who advertise some stuff in India. Those people can't have same target on market.
I disagree 100% with the links always needing to be blue, in fact, I NEVER use the default blue. However, the green IS a little hard to see...maybe darken it when it's on the yellow background or add a subtle text shadow. You've got 2 missing file errors which is causing your page to load almost a full second slower.
* The logo is really plain jane compared to the rest of the site. Seems like every element on the site has a border except for the logo, it was the first thing I noticed. Maybe a border, soft shadow, or rounded corners. Something.
* Kinda minor, but if you gave your text inputs "outline-color: green;" it would be a nice little extra touch. You don't see that too often.
your site has very lot information. i think it is similar to "www.bing.com" am i correct. i think u may face copy righted act. regarding to the design of your site it is very good and it is in impressive manner.
Surprisingly it looks really good, clean template , everything it's arranged and center properly, the sidebar is also clean . 8 for aspect . I think it;s something more like reddit . something i said! You should let the new visitor find out with ease what's your website about. And what's with the manu up there why it's not centered , it look like crap
Couple of comments:
- It would be nice if you told in a few words what the site is all about e.g. right under the logo. Now that I took a second look I noticed that you actually have it there, it's just not very visible.
- There's a lot of horizontal navigation items on different levels (politics, internet, etc. - related tags etc. - published news etc.) and you're not really providing any visible cues which one is the "main" way to navigate the site.
- The related tags (blue on blue background) is almost unreadable on my macbook pro
- The "register/login/submit" element is half way on top of the blue background and half way on top of the tan background. I'm not sure if you did this on purpose, but to me it looks a bit strange.
- There's a tan space between the "live" button and the "search" even tough they're on the same level and have the same blue background. It might give the site more structure if you continued the blue background through the whole page.
I didn't read through everyone elses critiques so I'm sure this will be redundant.
My first problem with the site is when I went there, I had no clue what I was supposed to do, or what I was looking at. It seemed to look like a giant mess of ads and a lot of random content.
Another issue I notice on the design side is the green links have little to no contrast with the orange/yellow background. I also don't like that the content on top takes up the entire width of my screen.
Last but not least, I'm assuming that the point of this site is for me to submit content, so I would make that button much larger and more prominent, that might help people understand what to do.
Looks good but colors don't "flow". Logo is green and you have some greens here and there but the rest of the site does not really go well with the green bits. If you can, you should work on the logo and the color of it and remove those greens.
I also think links should not be blue, only if they go with the website design. However I would use a underline or some color/gradient change when hovering over your navigation - I think that is important.
your left blogs of text are too cluttered, they need some more margin or possibly line-height??? and at the moment you have 6 different colors in there, and about 4 font sizes. which make those blogs too busy and annoying to look at.
I would also remove the top advert, it never looks good in that position - even though I see it more then I'd like. if you dont want to remove it, maybe place it underneath your 'Live With Passion' block? - I would also have the right advert slightly lower. they have nice positions for the sake of advertising but not for the look of the website
In my opinion the first thing you need to do is remove some of the advertising!
Firstly I was greeted by a banner - WEB PAGE HIT COUNTER - advert flashing in my face right near the top of the page and then within seconds I am having to 'skip' an ad to actually view the website. It put me off and as a general visitor I wouldve closed my window and not bothered with im afraid as I hate being flooded with ads and pop ups.
I did however stay on to review the website and decent layout but to be honest I couldnt make head nor tail of what the website was actually about?
Sorry to put it down but I think you need to concentrate more on relevant content and less on ads.