SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Style not being implemented on iphone

I am working on a classic asp site. On the landing page I have a div containing the following code <% Main.EmailSignup(false)%>. This leads to a spot in the Main.asp file with some simple text followed by a form with a single input field. On this text I have included a font-size style in a <p> tag. The style works fine on all browsers except mobile. On the iphone the font size is rendered properly then pops to a larger size than it is set for completely altering the layout of my page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Paul

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It's annoying the way iPhone resizes text like that. There is a way of preventing it, by adding this to your CSS:

Code:
    body {
        -webkit-text-size-adjust:none;
    }
    However, it does have some consequences, such as not allowing text to be resized by the user ... even on desktop Safari.

There was a suggestion around here the other day to try -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; but I haven't tried it yet, so not sure if it works.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion. I used that on my personal site and it worked great. For my companies site, all I needed to do was add some height to the div that contained the text and the problem went away.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Cool. But just as an aside, it's rarely a good idea to set a height on an element with text in it. Some people (like me!) who enlarge their text will see a right old mess.

It's best to let elements fine their own height, based on the content within them.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."