SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Client's website is getting contact form errors... Help!

http://nvcharters.com/

I didn't build this website but we discovered these lines of broken code polluting our clients website. We said we could fix it but when I went into it, thinking the problem was the Contact Form plug in, I couldn't access the wp-admin at all. I went into the ftp and deleted the contact form 7 plugin and completely broke the site, did a restore of the plugin and it remained broken.

I have limited knowledge of troubleshooting php so I don't have clue what is happening here. Does anyone have any suggestions of things I should try to just get my clients original website back up?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajrdesign View Post
    http://nvcharters.com/

I didn't build this website but we discovered these lines of broken code polluting our clients website. We said we could fix it but when I went into it, thinking the problem was the Contact Form plug in, I couldn't access the wp-admin at all. I went into the ftp and deleted the contact form 7 plugin and completely broke the site, did a restore of the plugin and it remained broken.

I have limited knowledge of troubleshooting php so I don't have clue what is happening here. Does anyone have any suggestions of things I should try to just get my clients original website back up?

Thanks!
    Download and Upload the following plugin:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...s-contactform/

Are there errors after that?

Also: Are they on the latest version of Wordpress?
    Michael John Froseth
    Freelance Web Developer | MichaelFroseth | dotCom

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea if they are on the latest version of WP because I cannot log into the admin area. It gives me a page of broken code when I try to access it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea if they are on the latest version of WP because I cannot log into the admin area. It gives me a page of broken code when I try to access it.
    Did you upload the plugin I linked to? And why are you working with this client if you have limited knowledge on the subject?
    Michael John Froseth

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It got fixed by someone else. We were just trying to quickly problem solve this issue for our client. I'm certainly more of a front end designer but it seemed like a fairly simple fix that turned out not to be. Just trying to solve problems for our client :P.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It got fixed by someone else. We were just trying to quickly problem solve this issue for our client. I'm certainly more of a front end designer but it seemed like a fairly simple fix that turned out not to be. Just trying to solve problems for our client :P.
    Ahh, got it! I thought maybe you had taken up a job on something you know little to nothing about, haha. Glad to hear it got fixed!

Best of luck!
    Michael John Froseth

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wouldn't hurt to pay a freelancer if the site needs to be fixed and you can't figure it out. EDIT: Did you use a freelancer?