SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hover command in a .js file - please help

After requesting help in this thread, somebody kindly came up with the following code which I use in a .js file to send my visitors to a different link for each month:

months[9]="this <a onMouseOver=\"window.status='Go here to visit our September link'; return true;\" onCLick=\"location.href='http://www.septemberwebsite.com'\" title=\"September\" style=\"color: 1D418B; text-decoration: underline; cursor: hand; \"> September Site</a>";

I need to integrate it into my site which currently has the following command in the header:

<style>

A:link {color:#1D418B}
    A:visited:{color:#6699FF}
    A:hover {text-decoration: underline overline}
    A:hover{color:red}
    </style>

Unfortunately, the hover and visited commands do not seem to affect the code I have provided. We've managed to incorporate the a:link command, as you can see, but not the other style features. Is there any way of adding the a:hover and a:visited command to the script? I've put the bit that we need to add these commands to in bold. I have tried several permutations of these commands, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the text that is displayed.

Thank you
    Last edited by Azam.net; Nov 23, 2002 at 20:51.
    Azam Marketing, Inc.
    Award-Winning Digital Marketing and Design Results Since 1997
    Click here to read acclaimed online marketing & design blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what browser are you using?
    Spartan
    ---------------------
    It's like our sergeant told us before one trip into the jungle. Men! Fifty of you are leaving on a mission. Twenty-five of you ain't coming back.
    -Mr.Payne