SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Font type shown differently in live view and Dreamweaver design

Hi there, I am in the middle of web development and I am using Dreamweaver CS 5.5. I have a habit of doing my design using split section which showing both code and design view. I have some condition here on the font type that I am desired to put in my web.
    In the Design View, the font type displaying fine as what I have write in the code but when come to 'Live View' and browser 'Preview', it shows the different font.

My code:
    PHP Code:
    <tr>
        <
    td width="1250" height="30"  background="image/Header.png"><strong style="color: #FFD700; font:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Welcome to Mentor Mentee System of Faculty of Engineering</strong></td>
      </
    tr
    Please advise. Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What browser are you "live viewing" in? I know IE8 requires a !DOCTYPE if you use the "font" shorthand. Try changing it to "font-family" and see if that helps?

Code:
    <tr> 
        <td width="1250" height="30"  background="image/Header.png"><strong style="color: #FFD700; font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Welcome to Mentor Mentee System of Faculty of Engineering</strong></td> 
      </tr>